Site completely shut down showing fatal error

More
7 years 9 months ago #84122 by chris
My website: Alamodefense.net

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare EventbookingBuildRoute() (previously declared in /home1/alamode1/public_html/components/com_eventbooking/router.php:16) in /home1/alamode1/public_html/components/com_eventbooking/router.php on line 16

before i was getting this error:
Error: 0 - String could not be parsed as XML

Did the joomla 3.6.0 update and it showed the "fatal error". Please help website completely shut down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84123 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Site completely shut down showing fatal error
I'm looking to see if I can find anything that will help, but haven't yet. You might have to wait until @Tuan and team come online when the sun rises over Asia.

Did you backup before install? (fingers crossed!!)
If you have access to the backend admin panel?
  • Do you display EB content directly on your home page? Looking at the Internet Archive WayBack Machine's latest snapshot of your site from March, I don't see anything. If you do, you could try disabling that module for now and see if you get your site back.
  • You could also try completely disabling Event Booking for now.
  • Or you could set the Joomla config -> site offline message to active.
Alternately, you could rename your root index.php file to index2.php and upload a new index.php file in it's place with an "Offline.. Sorry! Please call." message so at least your clients can still get a hold of you. Access your site via index2.php for troubleshooting, and restore index2 -> index when all is fixed.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #84125 by chris
Thanks James,

Currently I didnt do a backup as I figured it might fix the problem. Instead I might have made it worse. Fortunately I can do a roll back to a previous time as my server does periodic backups. I can call hosting company and do that worst case.

My backend works fine. Front end doesnt work at all. All i get front end wise is this (before update)error:

Error: 0 - String could not be parsed as XML
I did everything outlined here:

tranduyhung.joomla.com/17-tip-t ... sed-as-xml

which was to disable all the plugins and that didn't fix anything or change anything. So i re-enabled all of my plugins that were active.

I set debug to max

after I did the joomla update i got this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare EventbookingBuildRoute() (previously declared in /home1/alamode1/public_html/components/com_eventbooking/router.php:16) in /home1/alamode1/public_html/components/com_eventbooking/router.php on line 16

I all of the event booking plugins are disabled as well as everything "news feed" related as I was told about that on the joomla forum here:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=706&t=928736
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by chris.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84127 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Site completely shut down showing fatal error
I just updated a site to Joomla 3.6 and ended up with the same result: front end didn't work.

I went to "Extensions" -> Manage and searched for "Event". Then I selected all from Tuan and Ossolutions and uninstalled.

After that, the site started working, except for booking, of course. I didn't have the latest 2.8 installed, but the site was still dead until I uninstalled.

I didn't try and debug the problem.

After verifying site front page working, etc. I then installed Event Booking 2.8 by uploading as a new install.

After it installed, site is still working.

Hope this helps.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84128 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Site completely shut down showing fatal error
Oops, spoke too soon. Although front page works, no other pages work, so I'm uninstalling it again.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84129 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Site completely shut down showing fatal error
I am sorry. Haven't found the source of the error yet (just wake up in the morning here). Please get this file, unzip it, upload to components/com_eventbooking folder on your site and it will work well

I will try to debug it more to see why happens on Joomla 3.6.0 and give more information here later

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sdakinship, chris, enoch, Ian Phillips, YODA Studio, Andrew Isett

More
7 years 9 months ago #84134 by chris
I updated the site as you said with the router file and my site is back. Please let me know what to do next. Thanks for getting it up in the mean time

More
7 years 9 months ago #84136 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Site completely shut down showing fatal error
It causes by some changes in Joomla 3.6.0 (with this pull request github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/9541 )

I am sorry for could not test it before 3.6.0 release (I was focus working on version 2.8.0 of EB)

I will test it some more and if it works well, I will release version 2.8.1

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 9 months ago #84139 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I just released version 2.8.1 to address this issue. If anyone has this issue, please login, access to My Downloads menu item, download this latest version, upgrade it to your site. After that, everything will work as expected

I Apologize for did not test Events Booking with Joomla 3.6.0 before it was released (I was focus working on Multiple Tickets type feature in version 2.8.0 and didn't want to do anything else until it is completed :( )

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: paced, Andrew Isett

More
7 years 9 months ago #84140 by Stephan Hodges
2.8.1 installed and my site is working fine as well.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc