Cusom QR-code

• avenyproduction
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #90050 by avenyproduction
Cusom QR-code was created by avenyproduction
Is it possible to create custom QR code?
I don't want to be re-directed to joomla frontpage admin, because the process is to slow if there are more than couple of attendees.
Where is QR generator code placed?
I would like to have offline scanning possibility so that many people can be scanned fast.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #90061 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Cusom QR-code
Hi

You can customize code of the method generateQrcode in components/com_eventbooking/helper/helper.php

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: avenyproduction

More
7 years 1 month ago #95948 by Eileen
Replied by Eileen on topic Cusom QR-code
Hey Avenyproduction, have you had success? What is your general method/approach? Do you sink to another location/db (i.e. Google, ...), do you then synch back to the EB db? What's the use case?

• avenyproduction
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #95949 by avenyproduction
Replied by avenyproduction on topic Cusom QR-code
I have been working with Joomdonation. In our collaboration we have came up with the following user scenario:
Users buys tickets via website. They pay online, and they get thank you e-mail with the PDF attachment that is consisting of entry tickets for event. Each registrant gets its own PDF ticket. Each PDF ticket has unique QR code that can be scanned.
In order to scan, I use CodeReadr app on iPhone. Before I can scan, I need to export the list of registrants from Event Booking component in Joomla. Then I need to edit it in Excel to remove everything but QR-codes. That file is uploaded to CodeReadr backend, and synced in their app. After that I am ready to scan registrants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex Montesinos

More
6 years 11 months ago #98645 by Bernd Albert
Replied by Bernd Albert on topic Cusom QR-code
I have a question regarding the layout of the QR Code.

At the moment, the code is generated with white background. I need it with transparent background is this possible?
Also i cannot set the Code directly on the Border, it is still placed some centimeters away from it. Any ideas?

Thank You in Advance

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #98647 by Eileen
@avenyproduction, I'm curious why you go through this workflow:

1) Export the list of registrants from Event Booking
2) Edit the Excel file to remove all fields but the QR code
3) Upload the file to CodeReadr backend
4) Sync that data in their app

Doesn't the QR code created by the component encode a URL which when scanned will either check-in the registrant and provide a confirmation message or display an error message if the registrant is invalid? Are you using CodeReadr merely because you can't find an app that can read QR codes? If so, I'd like to show you how you can achieve what you'd like without CodeReadr. If you share your URL I'll give you a link to an App you can try on your iPhone or Android that can be used for scanning these QR codes; the app can be branded to your site and used by unlimited # of users.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Eileen. Reason: provide greater detail

More
6 years 11 months ago #98660 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Eileen

If you use checkin registrants extensive, I would suggest you to use Events Booking together with a mobile app called Icody. This integration is available since Events Booking 2.14.3, see www.joomdonation.com/forum/events-bookin...2-14-3-released.html (item #1 in the list)

This is the easiest way to checkin registrants in Events Booking. The plugin is a paid plugin, but I think it is worth to pay if you need a simple/effective method to check in your registrants

@Bernd : I have to check it again (we use a PHP library for generating QRCODE) but I am afraid of it is not possible without modify code in some places in the extension. So if it is possible, use it as how it is for now

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #98694 by Eileen
Hi Tuan,

I was inquiring because we have a platform for bringing Joomla to mobile apps which we put together in part due to our failure to find a solution from existing Joomla vendors over the past couple of years (having invested our own $ with vendors).

The solution we are bringing forward works natively on Adroid and iPhone platforms and includes the ability to scan QR codes. I don't know that we require any particular integration since Events Booking, doesn't the URL encoded in the QR code include the query params to effectuate the checkin'?

I note your demo which generates a QR code doesn't allow a demo login with privileges to actually scan that code. If you provided one, I can make available a demo app for download from both mobile platform stores that illustrates how it works, showcasing the value of Events Booking used in conjunction with a mobile phone for check-in. This is not for everybody, I don't think Joomla site admins have really shown a need for mobile, that's why I think the existing vendors haven't invested in a good solution. But we find most of our customers on mobile, so it was necesary for us. Joomla is not the ideal platform for us, but that's where our customers are so we needed to get there too.

Our pricing will be less than the "1 Device Plan" of CodeReadr but providing for unlimited devices only constrained by your Joomla site server capabilities. It will be more than ICODY, but it allows for an entire suite of mobile device inclusion including those Joomla components that are presentable well in a mobile phone. Our goal was primarily a platform for EasySocial and a QR reader. We also are bringing companion mobile wallet cards, and there we may provide a special plugin for that so your customers can distribute their Events Booking tickets to the mobile wallet (and gain mobile notifications to the lock screen, GPS based interactions, etc.). Again, our primary focus is on the EasySocial platform (in fact, all Stack Ideas products).

Please post here if you would have a demo account your customers could use along with your existing demo site and we'll post a mobile app which they can download to use in demoing your QR code generation for easy check-in.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Eileen.

• avenyproduction
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #98696 by avenyproduction
Replied by avenyproduction on topic Cusom QR-code
@Eileen, the workflow I have implemented in collaboration with joomdonation.com was very efficient at event entrances. It works very fast to scan already downloaded QR-codes. Joomdonation already had some solution involving online scanning that is directly connected to Joomla database. I found that very slow and I suggested this. One big addition I had was that I wanted to scan every person separately.
Very interesting to see that Joomdonation has gone to the next step and implemented solution with icody. I have not tried that yet, and I would certainly like to test even your suggested solution. Here is my Url used with eventbooking: www.radiogbg.se

More
6 years 11 months ago #98697 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The good thing with ICODY is that you don't have to export registrants data, import it to anyway. All you need to do is configure an URL of Events Booking page inside that mobile APP and you will be ready to checkin registrants using ICODY.

Honestly, So far, I think it is the best/simplest solution for checking in registrants using mobile APP. It's better than CodeReadr solution which @avenyproduction is using at the moment

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc