Register for Classes in a Conference Setting

• Ben DeRemer
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #93127 by Ben DeRemer
Is there a way to create a course/class list for individuals to register for specific classes at specific times for an event? For instance, lets say for Saturday morning at an event there are three time slots of an hour each at 9am, 10am, and 11am. At each time slot there are four different classes to choose from and they can only pick one for each hour. Is there a way for them to sign-up for those classes when registering for the event as well as show capacity and waitlist for the classes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #93148 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Register for Classes in a Conference Setting
Unless I missed a newly added feature, I don't think you can do this in EB.

You can use [Custom Fields] to list the different "classes" and allow users to select from the "classes" (radio button or list style), and you could set up the Custom Field as a quantity field if you wanted to limit the number of people who can select the "class", but there is no ability to register users into each "class" (aka custom field) from the one event so that you can have separate registration tracking / waiting list for each class. You would have to setup each "class" as an unique event in order to do this.

If you need the extension to handle this for you, you might need to look for a "course registration" or "class registration" or "conference registration" extension instead :(

ADDED AFTER POSTING [
I was pondering if the TICKET TYPES plugin might be useful for this (I haven't used it myself yet but I will be in a couple months), but at first glance, I don't think it will do what you want (I don't think you could limit each time-block to only 1 "class" selection). eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/miscell.../ticket-types-plugin
]

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by James Riley.

More
7 years 3 months ago #93174 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Register for Classes in a Conference Setting
For your information, a ticket was submitted with more detailed requirements and I replied as below (I am unsure if Events Booking could handle it, too):

Hello Ben

There is a way to setup, not sure if it is something works for you. Let me explain;

1. Setup Boy Scout conference as an event, setup training classes as events, too.

2. Create a new Joomla user group called Registrants, this should be a child group of Registered group. Create Registrants access level, only select Registrants user group for that access level.

3. Configure Boy Scout conference event so that when users sign up, they will be assigned to Registrants user group, thus has Registrants access level. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/joomla-groups-integration

4. Set access level of training classes events to Registrants. Maybe setup Registration Start Date of these events to Saturday Date so that users can only register for these events on Saturday

Overall, the idea is that only users registered for Boy Scout conference can see and register for training classes events

Not sure if the explanation is clear to you. Please try to setup and let me know if it works

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc