Edit Registration Info - Quantity

• ADaniel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #96094 by ADaniel
Edit Registration Info - Quantity was created by ADaniel
From the Event Booking backend, I need to edit a group registration and change the quantity registered for the event. When I edit that now, the quantity field is greyed out, unavailable. Is there a way for me to change this ? If not, what is the best procedure to handle this situation ? I don't want to create an additional, separate, registration just for the extra registrants for this group, but want to have all the registrants reflected correctly under the single registrant.

BTW: We have the group registration set up so it does not collect individual information for each registrant in the group.

Thanks -

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #96113 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Edit Registration Info - Quantity
You can submit a support ticket, we will help editing the code so that the number is editable. However, the price of the registration won't be re-calculated automatically, you would need to re-calculate it yourself

If you collect members information, we is having an option to add group members and we won't have to do code modification like this

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #96114 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You can get this file, unzip it, upload to administrator/components/com_eventbooking/view/registrant/tmpl folder

After that, check it again, it should allow you to edit the number. There should also be a checkbox to allow you to check on and the system will re-calculate the price. Maybe you should try that as well

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ADaniel

• ADaniel
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #96123 by ADaniel
Replied by ADaniel on topic Edit Registration Info - Quantity
Thank you so much for the quick response. At first this did not work, and on examination, the zip file seemed to be the same as the original. But, since you had shown which file needed editing, I removed the readonly="readonly" from the line:

<input type="text" name="number_registrants" value="<?php echo $this->item->number_registrants ?>" readonly="readonly" />

and saved the edited file in the location you specified and it works exactly as needed.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #96124 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Ouch, was I sent the wrong file :(, that's the modification which I did and wanted to send to you.

• ADaniel
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 days ago #124419 by ADaniel
This fix worked fine for us but stopped working after an Event Booking update. Can you assist in getting it working again ? I can edit the php code, if you will direct me to the correct place.

Originally, I ended up editing the default.php file in the path you specified above and removing the readonly="readonly" from the line:

<input type="text" name="number_registrants" value="<?php echo $this->item->number_registrants ?>" readonly="readonly" />

That original edit of the php code is still there

I also uploaded the file you provided, updatetotalregistrants.php to that folder, and it is still present.

Perhaps there is now be another file that requires editing as well?

Thank you !

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 days ago #124425 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Daniel

That's the only modification needed, not sure why it does not work. You cannot edit the number? Or edit it but it's not saved? Maybe you can submit a support ticket so that we can check it directly on your site

Regards,

Tuan

• ADaniel
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 days ago #124426 by ADaniel
We can't edit the number. I'll submit a support ticket on it. Thanks for checking it out.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 days ago #124429 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Daniel. Will check and do the modification for you using override so that the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc