How do I add a differen paper format??

• Thomas Runge
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #97811 by Thomas Runge
How do I add a differen paper format?? was created by Thomas Runge
Here in the U.S., we do not use the European A4 format, but "Letter" size. How can I add this to the templates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #97844 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How do I add a differen paper format??
Hello Thomas

Could you please explain more details? What template you are talking about? Could you please make a screenshot so that we can understand what you want to change?

Regards,

Tuan

• Thomas Runge
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #98114 by Thomas Runge
Replied by Thomas Runge on topic How do I add a differen paper format??
In event manager configuration for invoices, tickets, the Paper format does not allow the U.S. Standard "Letter" format, but only A4, A5....

More
6 years 11 months ago #98120 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Thomas

Unfortunately, we have to rely on a PHP library called TCPDF tcpdf.org/ to generate invoice PDF. That library only supports several format which can be seen here tcpdf.org/examples/example_028/ , so we could not support the Letter format as you requested

Thanks for understand

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #98164 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic How do I add a differen paper format??
It looks like you just need to modify (or add) a line of code to make TCPDF work with US Letter paper.
See stackoverflow.com/questions/3948818/tcpd...size#answer-22843126 (one user reported that it didn't work, but that may have been a version issue).

If it does work, could LETTER and LEGAL paper size options be added into the EB core release?

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by James Riley.

More
6 years 11 months ago #98177 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The LEGAL paper size (A4, A5, A6, A7) is already added as a config option in the extension (for Ticket PDF format). For custom size, I am not sure if it is possible, would have to try. But that is something doesn't take high priority for now.

Want to review the current implementation to see it's limitation and address it in the next major release 3.0.0. Would like to improve the architecture of the extension, make it namespace and compatible with the structure of Joomla 4 extensions, too, for future development. Guess that process will take me about 2 months

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #98210 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic How do I add a differen paper format??
"Legal" is actually a paper size in North America :)

"Legal", or US-Legal is the common name given to 8.5in x 14in paper, the second most common sized copy paper in North America ("Letter", or 8.5in x 11in, being the most common).

We also have "Ledger" or "Tabloid" paper: both names apply to 11in x 17in (the equivalent of 2 pieces of "letter" paper); This is the third most common paper size we use.

From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size#North_American_paper_sizes

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by James Riley.

• Thomas Runge
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #98214 by Thomas Runge
Replied by Thomas Runge on topic How do I add a differen paper format??
Yes, that is all great, the most common one is "Letter" size, especially for invoices and other documents that would be created by an events booking solution, the only one that makes sense.

While it is cool to see all the different paper formats, a solution on how to get a pdf in the correct format would have been nice too ;-)

I figured that for now simply letting the printer driver scale the document works as well.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc