• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #98819 by Chris Jarvis
Registrants with no User name Joomla Account was created by Chris Jarvis
Hello
We have recently started receiving registrants to our events that are paying and coming through without a Joomla username and then cannot access resources before an event that they need.
I have checked that the Username and Password fields are required by trying to add a new registrant and I get the red warning messages.
They take a place on the event but don't have a Joomla User Account presence and don't get assigned to the correct Joomla Access Levels.
I've never noticed it before but recently we have had 4 or 5 that are coming through without Usernames.
Any help or advice would be great thanks
Chris
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Chris Jarvis. Reason: spelling mistakes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #98823 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Registrants with no User name Joomla Account
Would be hard to check this case, unfortunately. Maybe you can try to ask them to see what's the username/password/email they entered while registering for the event? and then try to use that information register for an account using these information to see whether it works?

For now, I think you can create accounts for these users manually

Regards,

Tuan

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #98834 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Registrants with no User name Joomla Account
I've spoken to one registrant and tried creating a Joomla Username based on the details they provided at the time of registration and it worked through the backend no problem.

It seems strange that it has started happening

Of the 5 people who don't have a user login created, 3 are from the same event.

Is there a way we can see the Custom Field for the username and password fields an maybe put a message up to say how many letters they must be or not to use special charachters in their choice?

I also wondered if it is possible to create a check that if a Joomla User Account is not created then the registration can't be processed until we have everything needed?

Chris

More
6 years 11 months ago #99060 by Roberto Bonazza
Replied by Roberto Bonazza on topic Registrants with no User name Joomla Account
I had the same problem in the past.
In my case the problem was that we use Joomla and Moodle site associated with Event Booking, to synchronize users and events, the component Joomdle.
Moodle has some restrictions on the username field as no case or no space, and if a user signs up with a space in the username, Events Booking accepts it, also Joomla, but when Joomdle tries to create an account in Moodle, gets an error, and the user is not created in Joomla.
With Moodle you can resolve using extended characters in the user name (I think there is an option, but I haven't tested) or (as I did) put a regex validation in the user name field on registration form.
If you're not using Moodle, perhaps you have another application with a restriction to the username?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc