Ticket types not shown when joining waiting list

• Stephan Herter
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #103778 by Stephan Herter
Ticket types not shown when joining waiting list was created by Stephan Herter
Ticket types are not shown when users want to join the waiting list of an event which has reached its capacity.
Hence it is not possible to process, because the system requires to choose at least one ticket type for registration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #103797 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ticket types not shown when joining waiting list
Hi Stephan

Actually, we haven't had support for waiting list for ticket types yet. So for event which is using ticket types, waiting list option won't be avaialble

I will try to improve it in the future. But maybe not very soon (next 2, 3 weeks) as I am working on some other more important improvements at the moment

Regards,

Tuan

• Stephan Herter
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #103910 by Stephan Herter
Replied by Stephan Herter on topic Ticket types not shown when joining waiting list
Hi Tuan,
I have shipped around some other cliffs in the component and ended up using tickets instead of "normal" registration.
We do need the waiting list functionality for tickets. Can you check if support can be added until mid of November? I think we can live without this functionality until then.

More
6 years 6 months ago #103926 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Ticket types not shown when joining waiting list
I believe we can handle it, it should not be hard. So Yes, you can use that feature for now and wait for me to add support for it

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: StreetSportService

More
6 years 6 months ago #104143 by Marc Kettemann
Replied by Marc Kettemann on topic Ticket types not shown when joining waiting list
Hey Tuan, same issue here. Would be awesome if you could add support for the waiting list with ticket types.

Thanks

More
6 years 5 months ago #104152 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I can see the need of this feature. Please give me sometime, I will look at it after I get new version 3.1.0 released (on Monday next week)

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc Kettemann, StreetSportService

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #104315 by Donal
+1 for needing ticket types to support Waiting list before I can use it.

How I would need Ticket Types + Waiting List to work...
1) Waiting list would be active for each full ticket type, while there were still spaces available for other ticket types.
2) On the event page, I would like a Register (AKA Add Place to Cart)/Join Waiting List button on each ticket type line, not just in the registration form
3) It would be brilliant for my application if we could have "fuzzy" capacities. We accept children from 7 to 12 years old and have very small capacities of 30 in total. At the moment we run 2 separate events, Junior (7 - 9) and senior (10 - 12). I would love a ticket type for each age, eg: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.

We accept a maximum of 15 Juniors. 9 year olds can easily be promoted by us to the Senior group, depending on registrations (but our preference is that 9 year olds are Juniors). See my attached image for a suggested system which would work perfectly for us.

With the current system of two seperate EB events for an event : Junior Group + Senior Group:
1) We lose sales if the junior group is full, even though we would be happy to accept 9 year olds to our senior group (Our whole site instructs our users that 9 year olds are juniors.
2) If a user with a 9 year olds joins the waiting list, I email them to tell them they can register for the senior group. Work for me and our users.
3) In the days leading up to the event, when there are only a few spaces left, I have huge manual work to keep up to date with what is happening, to move the registrants and capacities to balance groups.
4) If a user registers 1 junior + 1 senior by paying a deposit, then they need to make 2 completion payments, which isn't very customer friendly and also costs us in payment fees,

If I didn't use 2 events, the danger would be that we would have 30 x 7 year olds, which would be catastrophic for us. I would love if you could have a look at the attachment and think you could develop it. Again, I'd be happy to pay towards the development costs, as it would truly remove an awful lot of administration work. Let me know if you need any clarification on the proposal.

Regards,
Donal
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Donal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc Kettemann

More
6 years 5 months ago #104478 by Donal
1 further point required for ticket types: it must be possible to collect each person's details, ie: if 2 of Ticket Type A,and 1 of Ticket Type B, then collect three member details.

Donal

More
6 years 4 months ago #106276 by Donal
Hi Tuan,
do you plan on working on Ticket Types with waiting lists any time soon?
Regards,
Donal

• Stephan Herter
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #108440 by Stephan Herter
Replied by Stephan Herter on topic Ticket types not shown when joining waiting list
Hi Tuan,
any update on this. We suffer upon this missing feature!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc