Restrict Frontend Registrant Management

• ADaniel
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #108402 by ADaniel
I want to set up a user group whose members have frontend management rights, but for only their own registration records. Example, User1 belongs to the group, registers for an event, and can only view, edit, etc. their own registration.

How would I accomplish this? I have already set up a group who can do front end management, called Group Leader, added users to the group, enabled front end registrant management in Options. Now I need a way to restrict this group so that members can only see and edit their own registration record

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #108405 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Restrict Frontend Registrant Management
That's not very clear to me. If you want to allow them to edit their own registration records, then you should create a menu item to link to Registration History menu option instead of using Registrants Management

Tuan

• ADaniel
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #108426 by ADaniel
Replied by ADaniel on topic Restrict Frontend Registrant Management
If we can restrict editing from within Registration History to only users in the "Group Leader" group, while still allowing all users to view only their registration records, using Registration History instead of Registration Management might be an option, but...

Even if the above is possible, in the current layout of Registration History, the format of the records is different than in Record Management. To effectively edit our group registrations in Registration History, we need to be able to see the group record listed, then the individual registrants in that group listed one by one beneath that. Some of our groups are quite large, and we need to see those registrants each listed separately, and locate a specific registrant quickly by sorting and searching (like we can do in Registration Management). If this type of view is possible, I've been unable to locate and activate it for Registration History.

Would having the ability to restrict front end Registration Management not only by Group (which we have now), but also restrict a group so it can only edit its own registration records be an easier solution? This is because once we are in Registration Management, it already allows us the 'view' we need to see each registrant in the group listed separately for separate editing.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks

• ADaniel
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #108480 by ADaniel
Tuan - is the feature I described in the above post something we can pay your developer to do for us? If so, how much it would it cost?

Thanks

More
6 years 3 months ago #108516 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Restrict Frontend Registrant Management
Hi Daniel

I don't really understand your requirement. However, I think you can try this option:

1. Go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Only show registrants of events owner config option to Yes

2. Edit each event, there is a setting called Created By, set it to the user you want to be able to manage registrants of that event

By doing that, when these users login and access to registrants management page, he will only see and be allowed to manage registrants of the events which he is assigned in Created By setting.

Not sure if that solves your need?

Tuan

• ADaniel
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #108548 by ADaniel
We do have Event Owner registrant viewing enabled, so that our Event Owners can view the registrants. But that doesn't work for this specific need, as we have 50+ Group Leaders per event, each of who have registered a group.

Here an example of how we would need this to work:
Let's say that you and I are both registered users, and both of us have been assigned to the "Group Leader" user group by the Administrator. I log into Event Booking and register my group for Event A. You log into Event Booking and register your group for Event A. Because I belong to the user group "Group Leader" I have the ability to click a link that connects me to Registrant Management, where I can only see and edit the registration I created for my group -- I can't see or modify your registration you created for your group. The same thing for you, since you belong to the user group "Group Leader", you can click a link and go to Registrant Management, and can only see and edit the registration you created for your group -- you can't see or modify my registration.

Thanks -

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc