Events booking 3.1.5 and Joomla 3.8.3

More
6 years 3 months ago #108572 by gg
Hi,
A couple of weeks ago i updated my site to the latest versions of events booking and joomla and since then it takes me approximately 30minutes to create an event. The backend is very slow but only for the event booking component and especially when i enter the form of an event. I cleared the catche but speed wasnt improved.

Also, when a user submits an event from the front end at the begining of the description i get this:

Normal 0 false false false EL X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Κανονικός πίνακας"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";}

One user also reported that he got those two errors while trying to upload an event
1) Error while saving event:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '€)' at line 3
2) Error while saving event:DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (0000-00-00 00:00:00 23:59:59) at position 20 (2): Double time specification

Any idea if all these have something to do with updating to the new version of events booking and how these can be solved?

Thanks,
Lena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 3 months ago #108582 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events booking 3.1.5 and Joomla 3.8.3
Hello Lena

I would say that it causes by something else. Does it happens with creating every event? Or it just happens with creating recurring event?

From the error message, look like there are something wrong with recurring events setting.Could you try create one time event to see what's the speed?

Tuan

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #108663 by gg
Replied by gg on topic Events booking 3.1.5 and Joomla 3.8.3
Hi Tuan,
I have deactivated the recurring event from the front end since i confirmed that the user tried to create a recurring event and probably messed up the dates. Now that you released the new events booking and users can use the addititional dates function i dont think i will have a problem. In relation to the speed it was improved quite a lot by clearing the catche from my host (it has a super catche option) however, there is still some delay when i try from the back end to publish/edit/save an event that users submit from the front end. Any ideas what i should do?
Also, i wanted to ask you about events that have a cost. I tested it (i have enabled the paypal option so users can buy tickets) but when someone makes a purchase their status doesnt change to paid on the backend. Also, the user cant see the event they paid for at the front end (at their events list). They only have the confirmation from paypal in their email. Any suggestions on how to change that?
Thanks,
Lena
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by gg.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 3 months ago #108670 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events booking 3.1.5 and Joomla 3.8.3
Hi Lena

1. For the delay, the only reason I can think of is cache. Basically, as soon as you publish events from backend, if there is no cache, the events should be displayed right away (no delay). You can try to setup a demo site on local computer to test the behavior

2. That usually happens if:
- Your site is on local computer
- Your site is offline (not public accessible)
- PayPal IPN is disabled in your PayPal account

You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and link to the event page so that we can register, check to see why the issue happens and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: gg

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc