Force login, create account when registering for an event

• Justin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #115725 by Justin
Hi

Is there any way to force a user to login before they are able to register for an event or better yet have it setup so that when they register for an event the system creates a user profile for them.

The reason I ask is we sell workshops and the person needs to be registered on the website to access there study material.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #115794 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Justin

If I understand your requirement correctly, you can go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set User registration integration config option to Yes

After that, when users register for your event:

1. If they have existing account, they can login before continuing

2. If they don't have existing account, they can register for an account during the registration process

Could you please give it a try?

Tuan

• Justin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #115813 by Justin
Hi

User registration integration is set to Yes.

It seems like the problem is that we have very specific username requirements namely, the username may not contain any Uppercase letters.
It seems like if a person follows this the system creates an account and registers them for the event if they don't the system still registers them for the event but does not create an account.

Do you have any ideas on how I can solve this?

More
5 years 8 months ago #115830 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
As of right now, Joomla doesn't have specific requirement for username, so not sure where you define this?

If you have special requirement for username, you will have to customize Events Booking code to validate username to make sure it meets that requirement

Open the file components/com_eventbooking/helper/registration.php, look at method validateUsername and customize it to meet your need

Regards,

Tuan

• Justin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #115831 by Justin
Hi

Our e-learning software does not allow Uppercase in the username, I also use easyprofile between the two they define this rule.

Thank you I have managed to make the changes to the code just one question, will I need to re-do this customisation every time I update Event Booking.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Justin.

More
5 years 8 months ago #115850 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Justin

If you have code works already, submit support ticket, we will implement it for you using override so that the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc