Export Registrants Settings

• Vincent Schuurhuis
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119451 by Vincent Schuurhuis
Export Registrants Settings was created by Vincent Schuurhuis
We like the new feature to configure the Export Registrant Data.

Is it possible to include an additional field from the event itself, the title is always used to give the fullname, in our organisation we work with eventcodes which are filled out in the alias field.
We would like to have the event-alias in export settings, so we can enable this.

An other issue we have is that the export contains all registrations, could it be possible that an additional setting can be available to only export registrations for events which have a published status. We have multiple events therefor the eventfilter would not work for us, or we have to combine 15 separate export files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #119453 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Export Registrants Settings
Hello Vincent

So far, I don't see any other customers request for including event alias, so I won't add support for it for now. Maybe you can set Show event date config option to Yes to have event date included, maybe it should solve your concern for now?

For export contains all registrations, it's not very clear to me about the issue you are having now. Could you please explain more details about it?

Tuan

• Vincent Schuurhuis
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119454 by Vincent Schuurhuis
Replied by Vincent Schuurhuis on topic Export Registrants Settings
Hi Tuan,

No problem for the alias, I understand that not a lot of customers will need such a feature. Can you maybe point to the correct file, then I will alter the query myself to change title to alias. By documenting this feature we will check it one every update.

Regarding the export, when I make an export it contains all the registrants, also for events in the past. What we are used to do is unpublish events when they are over. It could be nice to have a feature which will respect this, only export the registrantdata for events which are published. If I make an export now I have registrantdata for the event in 2016, 2017,..
Because we have multiple events on the same day I can't use the event-filter in th registrant screen.

For your information, we have an other software application which is used in the event-operation, this application has the registratrant data available fot technical en medical emergencies. To achieve this we import the registrantdata into this application. (We need it offline).

For this feature it will also do If i modify the query.
In the past we have integrated an additional export feature in the dasboard containing the data we need, but each update we need to apply this modification.

More
5 years 5 months ago #119473 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Vincent

If you have good experience with programming, you can implement these modifications using override so that it won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension:

1. Read eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/develop...stomization-override to understand how to implement override

2. You will need to override EventbookingModelRegistrants model from administrator/components/com_eventbooking/model/registrants.php. Basically, you need to:

- Override buildQueryColumns to get alias of event into query
- Override buildQueryWhere to only get registrants from published events

3. Then override prepareRegistrantsExportData method in components/com_eventbooking/helper/data.php to add alias to export result

If you don't have much experience with development, you can consider hiring us to develop it for you with 30$. As I said, it can be implemented as override so that it won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension

Tuan

• Vincent Schuurhuis
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119478 by Vincent Schuurhuis
Replied by Vincent Schuurhuis on topic Export Registrants Settings
Hi Tuan,

This will work, the only thing i noticed is that the functions
- buildQueryColumns
- buildQueryWhere

are in a new folder common, where do i have to place the overrride folder and file
- administrator/components/com_eventbooking/model/override
- administrator/components/com_eventbooking/model/common/override

Vincent

More
5 years 5 months ago #119479 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Vincent

No, you don't have to EventbookingModelCommonRegistrants class. That class is used by EventbookingModelRegistrants (EventbookingModelRegistrants extends EventbookingModelCommonRegistrants) , so you just need to create EventbookingModelOverrideRegistrants class and override the mentioned method (place this file under administrator/components/com_eventbooking/model/override)

Hope it is clear to you

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc