Show Transaction ID on front-end View

• Karel Beukema toe Water
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #121834 by Karel Beukema toe Water
Show Transaction ID on front-end View was created by Karel Beukema toe Water
Hello,

Would it be possible to display the unique Transaction-ID that is generated by the system on the front-end views? I would like both registrants and administrators to be able to see the Transaction-IDs. I am requiring registrants who make their offline payments to state the Transaction ID. It would be very helpful if administrators could refer to the Transaction-ID as well when checking payments against registrations.

At the same time, how can I suppress the display of the number of registrants from those views? For my application, this is irrelevant data. Perhaps I could display the Transaction-ID instead?

Thanks

Karel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #121855 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Show Transaction ID on front-end View
Hello Karel

For this, you will have to customize code to add the field you want and remove the field you don't want

Could you please attach the screenshot of the page which you want to make the modification so that I can guide you further?

Tuan

• Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #121861 by Karel Beukema toe Water
Replied by Karel Beukema toe Water on topic Show Transaction ID on front-end View
Hi Tuan,

Here are the screens where I would like the Transaction ID to appear. As mentioned, the Number of registraions is an irrelevant field for me -as there will only be individual registrations, so one at a time.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Karel
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #121885 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Karel

For this, you will need to modify code in the file components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/registrants/default.php

Try to open that file, you can easily do the modification. To show Transaction ID for each record, you can use $row->transaction_id.

Once the modification is done, you can move the modified file to PATH_TO_TEMPLATE/html/com_eventbooking/registrants folder and the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension

Regards,

Tuan

• Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #121894 by Karel Beukema toe Water
Replied by Karel Beukema toe Water on topic Show Transaction ID on front-end View
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for the tip. I manged to edit the default.php files for both the front-end and the back-end views. They both look fine now.

Regards,
Karela

More
5 years 2 months ago #121895 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great Karela. Please remember to use template override so that the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension

Regards,

Tuan

• Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #121947 by Karel Beukema toe Water
To be honest, I don't quite know what you mean by "template override". How do you create such a thing?

I have saved copies of the relevant default.php files in a safe place and can restore them to their respective directories if necessary. But I assume there must be a smarter way -which I am unaware of.

Regards,

Karel

More
5 years 2 months ago #122008 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
For backend view, you modified the file administrator/components/com_eventbooking/view/registrants/tmpl/default.php, correct?

Then move that file to administrator/templates/isis/html/com_eventbooking/registrants folder so that the change won't be lost when you update to future release

For frontend, you need to do the same. Move the modified file to PATH_TO_TEMPLATE/html/com_eventbooking/registrants folder (PATH_TO_TEMPLATE is the path to the template which you are using in frontend of your site)

Tuan

• Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #123128 by Karel Beukema toe Water
Unfortunately the method described by you creates an error when I try to restore a backup of the site using akeeba kickstart.

I get a message "Unable to upload from [path-to-teplate/...]" and the restoration process stalls.

So I have to stick to the not-so-user-friendly method of keeping the relevant php files in a safe place and uploading them indvidually to the right places each time an update is done.

Karel

More
5 years 1 month ago #123130 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site. We can help moving the file to template override for you so that when you update, the change won't be lost

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc