Import Registrants

• James Monica
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #123352 by James Monica
Import Registrants was created by James Monica
We've been using Events Booking for about 4 years now. It's been very stable and really has a lot of flexibility. Sadly one of the features that would be most useful to myself, "Import Registrants" I have never been able to get working and I have spent many, many hours and days over the years trying to without any success over the years.

It's exhausting. You would think that they could just make this a lot easier somehow. Honestly it should be as easy as registering a person for an event. Except instead of choosing the Event and One User ID and clicking the "Save and new" button, why can't it just be the same process but allow us to choose multiple users at the same time for the event? I get that it may have to create a unique transaction ID for each person for that event but that could all be done in the code.

I revisit the process around this same time every year because it is now when I have about 70 people I need to place at about 50 different events for the rest of the year which ends up being about 2,000+ individual registrations. I have them all created in Excel and this year I tried to be smart and proactive and include their Joomla User ID and email address and split their names into first and last, as I did it. I used the exported "Import Template" supplied in the back-end of Events Booking. Great all set I said to myself. This is the first year I won't have to do double work only to have it not work and still have to enter each sign up one at a time.

EEEHHH Nope. Not in 2019. I have followed every single piece of documentation I could find, my template is completely populated and formatted exactly like it is supposed to be and it still fails. After going through getting the ZIPARCHIVE function of PHP installed and enabled and working.

Now I get "An error has occurred.
0 Call to a member function format() on boolean"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago #123373 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Import Registrants
Hello James

For this, please submit a support ticket sending us:

- Super admin account of your site
- Send us the file which you are using to import

We are going to check to see what's wrong with the data and guide you to correct it. Seems something wrong with data of one of the date column in the file.

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc