Event booking registration without payment issue

• Chad Emmett
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126423 by Chad Emmett
Replied by Chad Emmett on topic Event booking registration without payment issue
Tuan,
That is the issue... The user account is still created even if they do not finalize payment...A user account in our case allows access to the website as that is the intent...someone comes to our site, and sees a webinar they want to purchase, they make the purchase and user account is set up so they can access the website and watch the webinar.this only happens when using paypal not when using credit card.... can this not be resolved?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #126433 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event booking registration without payment issue
Hi Chad

No, it could not be sorted without customizing the code

And as I said, the setup is not right to me. Instead of allow Registered users to watch the webinar, you should only allow users from Paid Members user group to do that and it will address the concern

Tuan

• Chad Emmett
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #126455 by Chad Emmett
Replied by Chad Emmett on topic Event booking registration without payment issue
Ok, Lets start with the premise that I am going to follow your advice. I am confused on how that would work. Currently when someone purchases our service on line they register as a user during that process (as I said this works perfectly when using a credit card just not paypal). and if the credit card goes through they then have access to do the course without the need for intervention on my side. (IMMEDIATE ACCESS AFTER PAYMENT) as we have user registration integration checked in the event booking configuration.
Please advise as to how an individual would be put into this "paid members group" ? I do not see that as an option anywhere, is this a manual operation one would need to perform? AFTER PAYMENT IS CONFIRMED? or is there a way to automate this proposed solution?

More
4 years 9 months ago #126467 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Event booking registration without payment issue
Hi Chad

You need to configure and use this plugin eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/miscell...a-groups-integration

When you do that, after users register and make payment for your event, they will be assigned to the user groups you want (Paid Members in this case)

This will only affect new registrant. For existing registrants, some code needs to be written to trigger this process. After you complete the setup, you can submit a support ticket so that we can help with assigning existing registrants to correct user groups

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc