Show only events by location AND category

More
4 years 8 months ago #127486 by Fonny
Hi,

I am looking for a solution to have a menu item which shows only events on a specified location and only from a specified category.

Location Layout only allows selecting a location. Category Layout only a category.

I have spring, summer, fall and winter events on different locations. I would like to show only fall events on location A or winter events on location B.

Anyone an idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #127496 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Show only events by location AND category
Hello Fonny

This feature, currently, not supported, sorry. So if you want to have it works like that, the only way is customizing code of the extension to allow this feature (add a parameter to the menu item to allow choosing locations)

I will see if I can support it in next release

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 8 months ago #127659 by Fonny
Replied by Fonny on topic Show only events by location AND category
Hi Tuan,

This would be great if it can be added in the next release.

I did find how to add the param.
Changed components/com_event_booking/view/event/category/tmpl/default.xml and added protected $locations = array() in components/com_event_booking/view/event/category/html.php

but I cannot find how to change the sql query so only events in selected location are selected.

Also override doesn't want to work.
Added html.php in components/com_event_booking/view/override/category/html.php with class EventbookingViewOverrideCategoryHtml extends EventbookingViewCategoryHtml and components/com_event_booking/view/override/category/tmpl/default.xml.

Can you guide me further where and what I need to change?

Many thanks ahead.
Fonny

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc