Troubles Installing

• curtis holt
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127547 by curtis holt
Troubles Installing was created by curtis holt
Hello,
I have just bought this event plugin and I am having some troubles installing it, when I try to install I get the following error messages

Cannot install Events Booking in a Joomla! release prior to 3.7.0

Package Install: Custom install routine failure

Error installing package

What should I do to fix this?
Thank you in advance
Curtis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127550 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Troubles Installing
What version of Joomla are you running? Updating to the latest release would fix the problem!!

@Tuan might be able to provide you with an old version of EB that is compatible with an older Joomla install, but it won't have many of the new features and could pose a security risk if there are any unfixed bugs in an old version.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• curtis holt
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127551 by curtis holt
Replied by curtis holt on topic Troubles Installing
Yes I read that could be the issue, I have Joomla 3.2.7 and inside Joomla it says I am up to date, could you provide any assistance upgrading??

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #127553 by James Riley
Your website is lying to you :) Joomla 3.2.7 was released Oct. 1 2014, and was already antiquated at that time because the Joomla 3.3.x stream had launched 5 months earlier.
As of this week, latest version of Joomla is 3.9.11. The good news is that upgrading within the 3.x realm is often pretty smooth.

Some upgrade tips:
- Check your most important extensions to ensure that they will run in a Joomla 3.9 environment.
- Check that your template is compatible with v3.9 Joomla
- Joomla now recommends PHP7.1+, but (for now) will still run on PHP5.3.10+ . Does you're host allow you the option to change to 7.1 or higher? Do your extensions support PHP7.1+? See the Joomla technical requirements at downloads.joomla.org/technical-requirements .
- Make a backup of your website and database, either manually or install & use Akeeba Backup. You may wish to test-recover your backup on a localhost or other server to make sure it is reliable!
- Download & install the latest version of Joomla from downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla3 . Pray that all goes well, and that your extensions and template don't break. Restore from your backup is things go bad :) If using Akeeba Backup, familiarize yourself at least a little with Akeeba Kickstart before upgrading, just in case you need to do an emergency restore (Kickstart is their backup restoration app).

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by James Riley.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #127554 by James Riley
I noticed a Joomla forum article commenting that you *might* have to upgrade to 3.6.1 first. ( forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=954834 ). The poster does mention that he cannot find the thread to support this requirement however...
That article also mentions after install to "Go to backend, extensions > manage > database and click on fix database"

Edit: see my next post for the official Joomla doc on upgrading

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by James Riley.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127555 by James Riley
Check out docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Updating_from_an_existing_version for the offical Joomla docs on upgrading. I only see a "special instruction" note about upgrading from 3.1.2 and not any other 3.x.

• curtis holt
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127556 by curtis holt
Hey!
Thanks for the help so far and I am going to take the route of updating to 3.6.1 first, I'm sorry I've never had to do a manual Joomla upgrade so I don't really know how it works, I've gone through the extension manager to install it there and I just get the error
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
Should I be installing this somewhere else?

Regards
Curtis

More
4 years 8 months ago #127557 by James Riley
Looking further into the v3.6.1 claim, I don't think you need to go to 3.6.1 first. Sorry to have confused the issue by propagating someone else's "I think you need to" post.
The 3.9.11 update repository ( downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla3/3-9-11 ) has 3 packages in different archives near the bottom of the list "for performing updates from Joomla! 2.5 and previous 3.x releases to 3.9.11." Grab whichever you want (it really shouldn't matter which one, although a Windows-based server might prefer the .zip) or try pasting the link into your site's Install -> Install from URL box. See docs.joomla.org/Special:MyLanguage/J3.x:...mla_(Install_Method) for more details about manual installing.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127558 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Troubles Installing
If you are having trouble with upgrading Joomla, please:

1. Make a full backup of your current site somehow

2. Submit a support ticket sending us super admin account and if it is possible, cpanel account of the site

We will try to help with the upgrade. You should keep using latest version of Joomla instead of using that old version

Regards,

Tuan

• curtis holt
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127597 by curtis holt
Hello,
It's fine now I have managed to upgrade it to latest, thank you for the help!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc