• Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #127842 by Donal
Two issues was created by Donal
Hi Tuan,

Can you have a think about these 2 small issues with EB:

1) The Privacy policy checkbox and Terms and conditions checkboxes have different behaviours. For Privacy Policy, you have to click just the checkbox, whereas, for the T&Cs, you can click on any of the text (apart from the links) to check the box. Can the Privacy Policy checkbox be changed to work the same as the T&C checkbox?

2) I have an event which costs €156, and people can reserve a place with a deposit of €48. Some of my customers have a discount code of type voucher, worth €125. When they book, they use the coupon code, but some inexplicably chose to pay the deposit (It has happened a few times). EB takes the full €48 deposit, instead of simply taking the remainder of €31 as the deposit.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #128130 by Donal
Replied by Donal on topic Two issues
I just spotted another problem... On the booking confirmation email, there is no record that the customer agreed to the terms and conditions. Can this be added?

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 6 months ago #129037 by Donal
bump

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 5 months ago #129620 by Donal
bump

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 5 months ago #129628 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Two issues
Hello Donal

I missed this forum topic, sorry.

1. For the issue #1 and #2, please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of the site and link to the pages which we can see the issue. We will try to check to see what's wrong and get it sorted

2. For #3, sorry but we don't support that option. If users don't accept terms and conditions, the system will just prevent users from complete the registration

Tuan

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 5 months ago #129794 by Donal

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hello Donal
2. For #3, sorry but we don't support that option. If users don't accept terms and conditions, the system will just prevent users from complete the registration

Tuan

Hi Tuan,

I think it would be better if the T&C agreement was explicitly shown on the email. We only really have to use our T&Cs with unreasonable people, who are quite happy to argue that they never agreed to the T&Cs and that the system let them register without agreeing. At least if the explicit consent was shown in the email, they couldn't argue that.

If it's not something you can add, I can just add a line to the email text.

I'll send support ticket for items 1 and 2 with details now.

Thanks,
D

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #135215 by Donal

Donal wrote:

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hello Donal

Tuan

Hi Tuan,

I think it would be better if the T&C agreement was explicitly shown on the email. We only really have to use our T&Cs with unreasonable people, who are quite happy to argue that they never agreed to the T&Cs and that the system let them register without agreeing. At least if the explicit consent was shown in the email, they couldn't argue that.

This has come to the fore now due to cancellation due to Covid-19. I really think the emails need to include a line explicitly showing that customers accepted the Terms and Conditions.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #135224 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Honestly, I'm unsure. So far, look like no one else asked for this, so I think it's not really needed

You can use the workaround you are having (add the line of text to the email message as you did for now)

Tuan

• Donal
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #135237 by Donal

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Honestly, I'm unsure. So far, look like no one else asked for this, so I think it's not really needed

The terms and conditions form the contract between you and the customer, and is the most important thing when there is a dispute.

I also find your logic flawed and inconsistent... If the privacy policy needs to be agreed to, then you can't register without accepting it. There is a line in the email which explicitly states that the Privacy Policy was accepted. Why do you treat the Privacy Policy differently to the Terms and Conditions?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #135238 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Donal

I don't use this feature myself, so it's up to you to decide it. As I mentioned, I see no other customers requesting for it, so maybe it's needed by yourself, but for most other customers, it's useless

If it's really needed like that, please post your request here joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-features-wish-list.html . If there are few more customers need it, I will try to support it in future releases. If it just needed by you only, please include that text directly in the email message as you did

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc