Repeating Discounts for Child events

• Jamie McGhee
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #128302 by Jamie McGhee
Repeating Discounts for Child events was created by Jamie McGhee
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone has tried or might be able to suggest a solution to the following regarding repeating discounts for recurring child events.

I would like to run a repeating weekly event and can happily create a parent/child event as such. But I would like to allow a specific number of attendees, (from the actual venue) to go to the event for free. So if I have 20 spaces in each event, I would like to allow 5 people access for a full discount. My initial thoughts would be to:

1) use a 100% discount Coupon, that I could provide to the venue specifically for their use and 5 of their people could attend and not be charged. I know I can set the category in the coupon to be specific for these recurring events, and I can set the number of times used. But will that number of times used recur with each child event in the category? Or would I have to produce a different coupon for each and every event?? i.e. if I set times used as 5, if 5 of these discounted people register for the first event, will the coupon stop or will it reset for recurring events?

2) I have successfully used custom fields previously to include discounts to events, that recur. And could use similarly, but I am usure if I can limit the number of times that a custom field is used?? i.e. if 5 venue people register and use the custom field to indicate themselves as related to the venue, can it be set not to show up after these number of times?

I think Events Booking is a brilliant application and do use quite a lot, but haven't needed to use in this way before. I hope I have explained the situation reasonably, but can anyone think of a solution that may help? Any thoughts or help that I could try out would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and sending kind regards
Jmaie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #128320 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Repeating Discounts for Child events
Hello Jmaie

If you use approach #1, then Yes, you will have to create different coupon code, each code for one event so that the Times limit is applied for each event (can be used for 5 people for each event in this case).

If you use approach #2, we don't have a way to limit that option for 5 people. Actually, we have that feature, but when there are 5 users choose that option, registration for that event will be disabled. So it could not be used

For the time being, I think #1 is the only option

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc