Registrants List - publish / unpublish button functionality ?

More
4 years 2 months ago #131402 by SRN
Hallo Joomdonation Team,

the funtionality of the "publish" and "unpublish" buttons (marked in the figure) in the "Registrants List" view is not clear to me.

I realized that the "publish" button sets any registration to "paid".

The "unpublish" button seems to do nothing... is that true?
When I mark a registration and push that button a message appears "Message: 1 item successfully unpublished" but actaully nothing changes.

So, what do that buttons really do?
What's the exact functional desciption?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131405 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

That unpublish button only works for registration records which use offline payment method

If someone uses online payment method such as PayPal, that button will do nothing. The reason is because it does not make sense to make a paid registration record become unpaid (as registrants have paid for the registration already)

Hope my explanation is clear to you

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 1 month ago #131591 by SRN
Hallo Tuan,

thank you fo the quick answer a week ago.

The main reason of my question was because my users are confused by the titles of (standard-)toolbar buttons. I.e. delete, publish, unpublish...

The reson for this is, that especially the word "publish" or "unpublish" does not really give you a hint what happens when you push the "publish" button. I.e. "publish" is not "publilshing" something but it's setting an registration to paid and an email sent to the registrant follows... The direct translation of publish, unpublish, delete in other languages (like in German: "veröffentlichen", "verstecken" and "löschen") also makes only sense for joomla-articles or modules that can be published or hidden - but makes no sense in terms of registrations for an event.

Based on this fact there is a high need for custom description in all the toolbar buttons (also delete, publish, unpublish, add).

As an example I've modified the file /components/com_eventbooking/view/registrants/html.php
See screenshots below.

I appreciate to introduce this into the standard code. For front and backend.

Example:
Original

Modified

Thank you for hearing this customer voice.

BR
SRN

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by SRN.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc