How to show dates of children events on parent's details page (Multi-day events)

• Leon Pascal Thierschmidt
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #162006 by Leon Pascal Thierschmidt
We would like to use Events Booking to enable our customers to book different sports trainings on our website (rowing club). These trainings often consist of multiple days in a timespan of around a week.

F.e. we have a multi-day training for newbies that starts with the basics at 04.11.2023 14:00 and also includes units at 06.11.2023 18:00 and 08.11.2023 18:00.

I understand that to implement this requirement I can use both the plugins "Additional Dates" and "Auto Registration". This works great to some extent.

It stays unclear how we can communicate to the customer before booking at which dates and at which time a certain training is happening. We want to show on the details page of the parent that this training consists of f.e.:
04.11.2023 14:00 - Basics
06.11.2023 18:00 - Deep Dive
08.11.2023 18:00 - Conclusion

This is important so the customer knows before booking whether any of the dates collide with his personal calendar.

I tried to enable  Multiple Dates-Features - Events Booking Demo (joomdonationdemo.com)  but this doesn't combine well with Auto Registration and the requirement since it suggests that there are different singular events to be booked. But I'd expect a solution like this that only adds a table with all the event dates of the children on the detail page of the parent to be fitting.

We'd also like to include this information in the confirmation mail. Currently only the date of the parent event would be mentioned.

Could you please provide insight into if and how we can achieve what I've explained here?
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Leon Pascal Thierschmidt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #162008 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
So exactly how you want it to work :

1. On parent event page, show list of children events there but do not allow registering for children events ?

2. And when someone registers for the parent event, in the confirmation email, list all children events there ?

Tuan

• Leon Pascal Thierschmidt
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #162010 by Leon Pascal Thierschmidt
Yes, that is what we'd like to achieve.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #162020 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Leon

1. For these children events, you can edit these events, set Registration Type to Disable Registration and registration for these children events will be disabled

2. That's not possible, unfortunately. For this, you will need to customize code of the email to have it works in the way you want

Tuan

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163309 by Melissa
I just saw your post and have some advice, as many of my courses also have multiple sessions that are part of a singular course.

1. List very clearly that the 3 sessions are all part of one course, not 3 separate courses. For example (using your dates above):
"Rowing 101 consists of 3 sessions which all must be completed to complete the course. The dates/times are as follows:
- 04.11.2023 14:00 - Basics, 06.11.2023 18:00 - Deep Dive, 08.11.2023 18:00 - Conclusion"

I would recommend listing the end time for each session as well as the day of the week. If you only do one full course per month or something, it may be easier to list them with bullet points, like this:
"Rowing 101 consists of 3 sessions which all must be completed to complete the course. The dates/times are as follows:
November:
  • Saturday 04.11.2023 14:00 - 15:00; Basics,
  • Monday 06.11.2023 18:00 - 19:00; Deep Dive,
  • Wednesday 08.11.2023 18:00 - 19:00; Conclusion
December: 
  • session 1
  • session 2
  • session 3"

2. On the EB setup for the offering, use only the first date as the start/end, so start 04.11.2023 14:00, end 04.11.2023 15:00 (whatever it is). Then in the description area, you will type in basically what's in point # 1, that there's multiple sessions, dates, start/end time for each date, and that all must be completed to complete the course/program. 

Each complete 3-session course would not be listed with all dates in EB, but you could add additional dates for the 1st session (and change the description to match - uncheck the "Update Data From Main Event" box if you do this).
I've just upgraded to the version which categorizes additional date events as Child events and I'm not sure how these display, so if you don't want them to be Child events, just use "Copy As New" on the original and change the start/end date & description for each subsequent event (that's what I did before Additional Dates was available). 

Hope that helps.
Melissa

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc