Some ticket issues

• jeff popkin
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163304 by jeff popkin
Some ticket issues was created by jeff popkin
Before I get into the issues I am having, is there a way to have the setting for group registration only, but allow for a single ticket purchase? My boss doesn't like the idea of 2 different ticket buttons, but he does want the option of people filling in info of different names as he wants a ticket generated for each person. Not a single QR code that scans x amount of times.

First issue is the group registration. I have it enabled on 2 different events, and one gives me both options, and the other doesn't. See attached screenshots.

The next issue is events showing as "free" when they are not. Some people just list their events and may sell tickets off their own site, or a 3rd party and link to it, however when they make the listing (even with ticket price disabled on the form) it shows as free when it is not always free.

The other place this is an issue is when there are different ticket types. If I make an event with multiple types of tickets, there is no general ticket price, so I leave the price blank on the main form and then add ticket types. This also shows up as free, but it is not free, it costs the amount of whatever type of ticket they choose.

The last issue I have isn't related to ticket types, it is related to recurring events. I can't seem to find a method to fit my needs. For example... our Summer Cruise series runs on Fridays and Saturdays throughout the summer. However, it is not every Friday or every other friday. Generally they would be every Friday, but with holidays or other reasons, a friday may be missed one week and a saturday on another. Is there a way to just create a series and choose the dates we want to use? Or a way to exclude the dates that won't be used?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163327 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Some ticket issues
Hello Jeff

If you are using Ticket Types plugin eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/ticket-types , then no need for both individual and group registration

Even if you don't use ticket types, just set Registration Type setting of the event to Only Group Registration would work, too. Remember to set Min Number Of Registrants For Group Registration to 1 so that users can register for 1 member with group registration

For price showing as Free, you can edit the event, set Price Text to the text you want and it will be displayed in Free

Hope my answers are clear. Please let me know if you still have other questions

Regards,

Tuan

• jeff popkin
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163339 by jeff popkin
Replied by jeff popkin on topic Some ticket issues
I did what you said and now I don't even have a ticket buying button. I will include screenshots.

Also, anything on the recurring events issue?
Attachments:

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163380 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jeff

Maybe it is because you are using shopping cart? For this, better submit a support ticket sending us super user account of your site and link to the event

We will check to see what's wrong and get it corrected for you

Regards,

Tuan

• jeff popkin
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 1 week ago #163482 by jeff popkin
Replied by jeff popkin on topic Some ticket issues
we have never used the shopping cart, but I will create an account for you and submit it through the support ticket. Also, just know that this event is live and we have to make ticket sales, so I had to revert the settings back to what was working.

More
3 months 1 week ago #163500 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Jeff. Please submit a support ticket when you are ready and I will be happy to check it. If the previous setup works OK, maybe use it for now and we will check the new setup when the current events are over ?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc