EB 4.7 Change Child to Standard/Parent event?

• Melissa
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163310 by Melissa
I apologize if this has been answered already and I just missed it...
I just updated to the Events Booking v 4.7 today, and I had some events that I already created as copies from last year's events. Everything went fine with the upgrade, but I'm confused about the new Event Type column on the Events page and how to change the type of event. 

To try to be clear on what I did and what the challenge is: 
Last year I set up an event, FTC which I then added numerous Additional Dates to (unchecked the "update from main event" box), and everything went fine. I also created an event ADV, which didn't have any additional dates. Lastly, I added 3 events, called CAMP, which I ended up doing as copies of each other rather than Additional Dates (it was kinda a mess, but that's irrelevant). 
This year, I randomly picked a FTC from last year, chose "Save As Copy" and changed the date to this year. I did the same with ADV and CAMP. I have done this for a number of years, and with all different events and it's never an issue. I added Additional Dates to CAMP, but not to the others. 

Then I upgraded to the new version. 
FTC is now listed as a Child Event. I need to add Additional Dates to it, but I can't see how to make it become a Standard Event and there is no Additional Dates tab in the Edit Event screen. 
ADV is showing as a Standard Event, which is fine. I can see the Additional Dates tab. 
CAMP is showing as a Parent Event, with Child Events as the other dates that I added. These are actually not what I would consider Child events, as they're each standalones, but I can accept how your software categorizes it. I'm just not sure how this is going to show in the listings (I don't have any of these events on live pages yet). 

I don't have any problems with the ADV & CAMP events - I can tweak the modules to display the Parent/Child events ok - but I need FTC to not be a Child event so that I can add Additional Dates to it: how do I do that? 

Sorry for the long message. I hope this makes sense. I can post screenshots if needed. 
Thanks,
Melissa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163320 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic EB 4.7 Change Child to Standard/Parent event?
Hi Melissa

It's quite hard to follow. So in this case, please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site. Then tell us ID of the event which you want to be a standard event so that I can make the change for you (might have to change data directly in database)

Tuan

• Melissa
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163340 by Melissa
Replied by Melissa on topic EB 4.7 Change Child to Standard/Parent event?
I would rather understand how to fix it myself.

Shorter question: how do I change a Child event into a Standard or Parent event?

I need FTC to be like CAMP or ADV (screen shot below).

Melissa

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163344 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic EB 4.7 Change Child to Standard/Parent event?
Hi Melissa

Please see the solution in the attached file. I could not post the SQL here is because Sucuri blocks it

Tuan
Attachments:

• Melissa
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163432 by Melissa
Replied by Melissa on topic EB 4.7 Change Child to Standard/Parent event?
I just created a new event to replace the Child event: your suggestion was way too complicated.

Melissa

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #163439 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Melissa. As long as it works, I'm fine

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc