Moving Events Booking to a new site

• Markus Schwendtner
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164195 by Markus Schwendtner
Moving Events Booking to a new site was created by Markus Schwendtner
Hello,

I have an old Joomla 3 site ("migrated" all the way from Joomla 1.x times) and now I am setting up a new site on joomla 5 to be up to date. I have events booking running on the old site and want to move it to the new one. 
Of course I have a lot of custom fields, and the version is not the same as I had a lot of custom adjustments that are from the old versions and are now included in the current version of events booking (thanks a lot for always developing this, its really awesome !).

How can I move events and registrations to the new site... or even just the events so that the information that I have since 2014 or so is not getting lost ? Or do I have to move everything manually ?

Thanks a lot !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Markus Schwendtner
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164198 by Markus Schwendtner
Replied by Markus Schwendtner on topic Moving Events Booking to a new site
I have moved most of the settings (except the custom fields, but I found a forum topic on how to move them via database export) to the new site. I also found how to move (in principle) events and registrants, but when I use the export function it only exports upcoming events, not the past events.

I would like to export/import ALL events... is there a trick ?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164215 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Moving Events Booking to a new site
Hi Markus

Better use database export and import as suggested elsewhere. It is the safest method

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc