Event Custom Fields shown in frontpage modules (default and improved)

• Markus Schwendtner
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164250 by Markus Schwendtner
Hi, 

I have successfully added event custom fields in the component views (and added them to my template/html/com_eventbooking/common folder).

The syntax that I used to include event custom fields in the timeline is for example
                                <?php echo $event->field_EventStatus; ?>

Now I am trying to adjust the layout and add some event custom fields also to the modules that show upcoming (and past) events. I am using the improved view for upcoming events, and the default view for past events.

Can someone hint me in the right direction which files I need to edit, how to address the custom field, and where to put them in my template folder so that they dont get overwritten with the next update ?

Thanks a lot !

Cheers,
Markus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164275 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Markus

The file you need to modify is modules/mod_eb_events/tmpl/default.php and modules/mod_eb_events/tmpl/improved.php

Once the modification is done, please move the modified file to templates/template_name/html/mod_eb_events folder so that the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension. template_name is name of the template which you are using on your site

Tuan

• Markus Schwendtner
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164287 by Markus Schwendtner
Hi Tuan,

many thanks. Is the folder in my templates just /mod_eb_events, or is it /mod_eb_events/common (like for the component files) ?

also, any advise on how to address the event custom fields ? I guess it is different to <?php echo $event->field_EventStatus; ?> which I am using in the component ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #164304 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

It is just mod_eb_events. I wrote it in my answer, no common folder here for the module layout override

And Yes, the code you wrote for displaying custom fields should work

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc