Email test

• Alexander Krasovskiy
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 1 day ago #164832 by Alexander Krasovskiy
Email test was created by Alexander Krasovskiy
Is there a way to test that emails are working correctly? I have configured the emails in Joomla5 (SMTP), they work correctly - because I received the test email. In the Event Booking, I go to Registrants dashboard, select the registrant and perform action "Resend Email" or "Mass Email" both return a message that email was sent successfully, but no email is received. Is there a way to verify what is wrong? In the configuration I have enabled email notifications...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 day ago #164833 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Email test
Hi Alexander

Unfortunately, there is no way to know what's wrong. You can go to Events Booking, then Tools -> Email Logs to see if email is logged there

If it is, the system has called Joomla API for sending email already. If the email still does not reach the target, the only way to know why it is not working is contact your hosting provider and ask them to check

Tuan

• Alexander Krasovskiy
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 1 day ago #164838 by Alexander Krasovskiy
Replied by Alexander Krasovskiy on topic Email test
Yes there is a log entry, but email is not sent. I added a contact form to my website and it sends email successfully, but event booking emails still not working.

More
2 months 1 day ago #164839 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It's unfortunately, out of our control. The difference could be because Events Booking use HTML email while normal Joomla contact form using plain text email

Another thing could be some host restrict From Email . So please go to Events Booking -> Configuration, try to empty From Name and From Email config option so that Events Booking uses the From Name and From Email from Joomla global configuration for sending email

Then try again to see if it works better? If not, you will need to contact hosting provider and ask them to check

Tuan

• Alexander Krasovskiy
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 50 minutes ago #164872 by Alexander Krasovskiy
I am not convinced that this is not something in the Event Booking application. I spent a lot of time trying different options and here are my observations.
From Joomla 5 I am able to send HTML content email by changing the standard templates. That works;
In Event Booking I was able to send mass email to selected registrants only when the Events Booking -> Configuration From Name and From Email are empty AND I set in the mass email header just the Reply To Email and Subject. I populate the body with text and media pictures and it works - it reaches the registrant's emails.
However, when I submit an event booking from the working site, nothing is sent - but the log entry is created.
So looks like something is different between the mass email and other event email.

More
2 months 44 minutes ago #164874 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It's actually uses the same code, no difference, trust me. The only difference could be is From Name and From Email

Could you please edit the event, look at Advanced Settings tab, check to see if From Name and From Email are entered there for that event? If it is, please try to remove it and check it again

Tuan

• Alexander Krasovskiy
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #164945 by Alexander Krasovskiy
Tuan, so I have emails working now, but it only works under certain conditions. Note, that I didn't have to change anything with web hosting provider - everything is in Event Booking. I will be doing some tests later on to determine what are other options but for now I need it working, so it is as it is.
It works when all of the mail options are set in the Events Booking -> Configuration (From, Reply, Notifications)
In Event I have just "From email" set.
When I try to set something in the Event's User Email Body or Subject - emails are not sent;
When I turn on ticketing - under some conditions emails are not sent;
I noticed that cyrillic text in tickets appears as "??????" - I had to stop use ticketing. Actually I do have now a strong suspicion that Event User Mail Body and Subject also made emails fail because of international language (in my case cyrillic russian). So because the titles of the events are in Russian, I wonder if it could make something fail. I will do later more tests and keep you posted.
Question is it possible to add Registrant ID in the Registration Completed message? Is there a special tag for that?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #164946 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Alexander

1. The issue with special characters in PDF ticket could be sorted. It's just a problem with the font uses to generate PDF file

2. For showing registrant ID, just use [ID] tag

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #164947 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Alexander

1. The issue with special characters in PDF ticket could be sorted. It's just a problem with the font uses to generate PDF file

2. For showing registrant ID, just use [ID] tag

Regards,

Tuan