Group Membership Configuration for Household Membership

• Annamarie Hessman
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 5 days ago - 2 months 5 days ago #164989 by Annamarie Hessman
Hello!

In our organization, we are using Group Memberships for a "Household Membership."  Because this membership type lives in the same home, the group member will by default have the same postal address as the Subscriber.

I created two front-end menu items using the Membership Pro » Manage Group Members menu item:
(1) for the Subscriber (intended to allow a specific user to manage their own household subscription)
(2) for the Membership Manger role (intended to allow a Membership Data Manager to enter subscription information on behalf of all members)

Logged in as SuperUser, I am able to manage Group Members from the back-end Membership Pro, but when I log in to the front end using the same user and select (2), I see the error "You don't have permission to manage group membership."

As an additional note, when working on Group Members, there doesn't appear to be an auto-fill option from the Subscription for the postal address and email.  Since our households are all at the same address, this is inefficient.

Is there some sort of configuration, user and/or menu, that I need to perform, in order for this to function for our organization?  Thanks in advance.

Last edit: 2 months 5 days ago by Annamarie Hessman. Reason: Realized that I had used a username with no address info while testing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 5 days ago #164996 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group Membership Configuration for Household Membership
Hello

In frontend, we only allow group admin to manage his group members. It is not possible for super user to manage group members of certain user group from there

It also does not have option to auto fill group member fields base on data from group admin

Regards,

Tuan

• Annamarie Hessman
  • Topic Author
More
2 months 2 days ago #165118 by Annamarie Hessman
Replied by Annamarie Hessman on topic Group Membership Configuration for Household Membership
That is very disappointing, as our Membership Managers are not very technical and I think the back end would be a little too overwhelming for them, but they are responsible for managing member information on behalf of members who may not manage it themselves.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 2 days ago #165133 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group Membership Configuration for Household Membership
They would need to use backend for now. I will see I can support for frontend management in the same way with backend in the future, but right now, it is not possible

Regards,

Tuan