New items/products set to "unpublished as default"

• David
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #72211 by David
Hi Giang andteam,

This should be easy.
Can you pese make new products which are created set to "unpublished" as default rather than "published", just like how Joomla does. It is a bit annoying when you create a new product on a live site, and the product is live before you can even build the product page.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #72233 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic New items/products set to "unpublished as default"
OK David,

This will be changed on next version 1.4.3. of EShop.

Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

More
8 years 5 months ago #72239 by Davide
I hope this is an option, for me for example is more convenient to have product published as default and It would not be comfortable to have to change all time to published

• David
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #72240 by David
Hi Davide,

As you will know Joomla makes sure that all new modules and articles published are set to "unpublished" as default. There is a very good reason for that, as it ensures that non-prepared content does not display on a live site. If you have a very busy live site, the last thing you want is unfinished product pages being visted by users.

If you look at other big shops like Hikashop, they do the same (making sure new product pages are set to "unpublished" as default). Anyhow, maybe Giang has a way to make that optional.

More
8 years 5 months ago #72242 by Davide
I agree with you, I'm not against an option in configuration that allow to decide is default pubblish option is publish or unpublish, I have doubts about a default value that is different from actual without the possiblity to choose between the 2 options. For articles the default option in Joomla is published, I don't remember an option about that and that default value is unpublished :)

• David
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #72243 by David
Yes sorry in Joomla "articles" the default is "published" but that is only because the article does not go live front end. You have to link the article to the page in question so there is no risk.

However if you check "modules" they are always set to "unpublished" because as soon as a module is published it is on the front end. So it is the same with eshop. As soon as you create "new product" it publishes it, which in theory it should not. In any case, alwys good to discuss these things and lets see if Giang has an option to control that.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #72244 by Davide

David wrote: Yes sorry in Joomla "articles" the default is "published" but that is only because the article does not go live front end. You have to link the article to the page in question so there is no risk.

Not entirely true, if you have a category blog home page for example article go online as default (and only) option unless you set unplish manualy ;) :laugh:

For modules I check and they are set to unpublish only when they are auto install, if you add a module you see it published and even in this case I don't remember an option to set default to unplished but maybe I'm wrong :P

David wrote: In any case, alwys good to discuss these things.

I completely agree, of course is just my opinion, let's see what they think others and, mostly, Giang :D
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Davide.

• David
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #72246 by David
Actually in my haste to request this I have to admit a fault here. I do not actually want "new" eshop products to be set to "unpublished" as default. They should not be. What I wanted was "copy" products to be set to "unpublished" as default. That is quite different! So yes, with Joomla when you "copy", the copied product is set to "unpublished" as default. That is how it should be and same with eshop (which it is not at the moment)... oh no.. how do we now get Giang to read this. Sure he lost interest a long time ago!

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #72247 by Davide

David wrote: What I wanted was "copy" products to be set to "unpublished" as default. That is quite different! So yes, with Joomla when you "copy", the copied product is set to "unpublished" as default. That is how it should be and same with eshop (which it is not at the moment)

About that I completely agree with you and in this case no options needed :)

David wrote: oh no.. how do we now get Giang to read this. Sure he lost interest a long time ago!

Don't worry, Giang will read everything when come back online ;)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Davide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

• David
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #72248 by David
Hello Giang.

Sorry! I made a mistake with my request. I DO NOT want "new product" pages to be set to "unpublished" as default. "New" product pages should stay the same.

However I would like "copy" product pages to be set to "unpublished" as default. Do you see the difference? Can you confirm this has been understood?

BR

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong