Shipping Options by Product or Category

• Don Cornelson
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #72946 by Don Cornelson
Shipping Options by Product or Category was created by Don Cornelson
A real big benefit would be to be able to select shipping methods based on product and/or category. The problem with the shipping plugins is that if they are turned on they become available for every product. Having sitewide free shipping is not practical if a store has items that require special shipping and handling. USPS Flat rate shipping doesn't work if items don't fit in a flat rate package but the method is available as an option.

I think there are a number of ways that this could be done.
1. Product Shipping Options: We can select which of our active shipping methods we want available for each product. i.e USPS Priority Flat Rate Large Envelope & Weight for one product. Flat Rate & By Item for another. Free for another. etc.
2. Category Shipping Options: Allow assigning shipping methods for categories. We can then assign products to categories that have appropriate shipping options.
3. Shipping Categories: Rather than products or product categories, we would be able to set up shipping categories and assign shipping methods to those categories. We must then be able to select the various shipping categories for each product or product category.

Shipping is the most challenging element of EShop for my storefronts. Please seriously consider integrating this option either as a core function or addon plugin.

Thanks for your consideration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #85580 by Alan Smith
Replied by Alan Smith on topic Shipping Options by Product or Category
Any progress on this feature? It's really important to my clients...
Thanks,
Alan

• Don Cornelson
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #85582 by Don Cornelson
Replied by Don Cornelson on topic Shipping Options by Product or Category
I haven't heard of any progress but would like to reemphasize that it is needed and should be addressed in some way.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #85885 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Shipping Options by Product or Category
Dear all,

That is an outstanding requirement for shipping methods. It is really complex to implement and I think that there are not many people need it.

Sincerely, Giang

More
7 years 8 months ago #86242 by dean
Replied by dean on topic Shipping Options by Product or Category
I also think that Shipping Options by Category is needed very much.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong