Some changes in styling - for better eshop

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #93010 by Peter
Users using the default template do not have any choices (i've have not found them) to change some styles like heading type or font size in the categories list, subcategories list. In most cases you have styled the theme with H5 tag. Why is the h5 predefined? Everyone who uses custom joomla template has to count with this and prevent to use h5 on the website, reserving for eshop customization.
In one case there is a little problem: In the file \com_eshop\themes\default\views\common\sub_categories.php: you have used styling directly in PHP, using "H5, li, ul" tags. This cannot be changed by using custom.css. This PHP is for displaying the subcategories in th eshop as bulleted list. There is also a possibility to add separatator between the subcategories names and remove the bulleted list. My changes: Line 18 deleted, Line 23+24 deleted, Line 28+29 deleted, Line 33 deleted. Line 27 added separator " | " after "a" tag.
For better styling possibilities for the beginner users i would propose to add some editing features to the backend configuration, directly storing the changes to custom.css. I have some ideas....changing these lines can help a lot to change the eshop template:
***modify the width, border and color*** @ .eshop-categories-list .eshop-category-wrap, .eshop-sub-categories-list .eshop-category-wrap
***modify the padding size*** @ .eshop-categories-list .eshop-category-wrap .image, .eshop-sub-categories-list .eshop-category-wrap .image
*** modify the color*** @ .eshop-categories-list .eshop-category-wrap .eshop-info-block, .eshop-sub-categories-list .eshop-category-wrap .eshop-info-block
***modify the eshop search list color *** @ #eshop_result a
***modify font size and color** @ #products-list .eshop-product-desc, #products-list a, #products-list input, #products-list button, #products-list textarea, #products-list select
***modify the font-family*** @ .eshop-product-price .price, .eshop-product-price .eshop-sale-price
***enable or disable*** @ #products-list a:before + #products-list a:after
Users who use colorbox and want to translate picture count text at the bottom have to change the translation in the assets/colorbox/jquery.colorbox.js file directly. I would propose to change this by adding this to the TRANSLATION in the eshop configuration. A big help for costumers who want to have their site in other language.
At last i had to change the height in the eshop search module. It was not showing correctly, the search button was too height, not same as the search field height. In the assets there is bootstrap.css, line 1823: changing the height will remove this little problem.
How to switch from product list or product detail page to another category or category list? I can't find an option that can enable this, to show my categories. Something like breadcrumbs or a module showing category names with little category pictures (show option: list or list with pictures).
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Peter. Reason: question added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong