I need the ability to name and index pages by SKU

• Tony Powers
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #102153 by Tony Powers
As well as having pages named from their product name I want to be able to have pages which are named from the product sku.
This helps from a SEO point of view as the part numbers (sku) are in common use and people will search using these. We have observed that if you have a page which has the same name as the sku somewhere in its URL then this gets ranked higher than the same page with a different name.
Can there be an option therefore for the site to support pages named in both ways.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #102390 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic I need the ability to name and index pages by SKU
Hello Tony,

When you edit a product, you have option to enter Page Title and Page Heading, you can insert product SKU there if you want.

Sincerely, Giang

• Tony Powers
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #102413 by Tony Powers
Replied by Tony Powers on topic I need the ability to name and index pages by SKU
Agreed and this helps to some extent but it does not name the page as the sku, i.e. if my product_sku is AB22134 then I want the page iteself to be AB22134.php and appear as myshopname.com/AB22134 in addition to a page named using the product name. The old version of this particular shop written in ASP :ohmy: would allow page generation by product name and sku. It just seems that for Google the sku pages rank higher if they have the sku in the URL and this is important as customers for our shop will often search using SKU as that is in common use.
It is a problem right now as Google is still indexing the old pages which are currently 404 - and there are about 1000 of them so its not really possible to redirect them.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #102450 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic I need the ability to name and index pages by SKU
Hello Tony,

There is no option to have the link .php in Joomla. If you want to have the URL with SKU of products, then you should go to edit product and enter the SKU as alias of the product and test again.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong