Default option radio button not checked

• Gordon Hiebert
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #106978 by Gordon Hiebert
Default option radio button not checked was created by Gordon Hiebert
I have two options as radio buttons for my photos, framed and unframed. EShop comes up with the framed price as the default because that is what I have entered as the price. But none of the option boxes is checked, the customer has to experiment. I think it would be much better to have a default option box checked. For me, the default option is Framed, which is the price that I originally enter. The other one is Unframed at 60% lower price. Perhaps make the first option in the list the default one. That would not require much additional programming at all. Maybe some people would not want a default option, but I think it would be less confusing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gordon Hiebert
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #107336 by Gordon Hiebert
Replied by Gordon Hiebert on topic Default option radio button not checked
I added a tiny bit of code that checkmarks one particular option as a default and the shopping cart properly recognizes that it is checkmarked, as far as I can see. To build this into eShop one would have to set a global variable called $ DEFAULT_OPTION for example that indicates a default option, if there needs to be one, and automatically checkmarks it in the product details page. In my case I have an option for Framed or Unframed, and it is easy to test for one or the other when the HTML for the product details page is rendered. It is impressive how organized and clear the code for this program is, making it easy for a php novice like me to make minor alterations.
Anyway, I continue to think this small feature should be built into the program. It would be useful.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Gordon Hiebert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong