Product media/images

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #162070 by Andy
Product media/images was created by Andy
I just started using eshop, and am very surprised (and disappointed) in the way it handles product images.
Most other apps. (including other shopping carts) allow you to use the JCE image/media manager (or other install media plugin, e.g. Ark).
When adding products I was expecting to be able to open the media content manager, browse my folders, preview images and select the images I wanted for each product.

If you have lots of products and hundreds (or perhaps thousands) of images, it's much easier to be able to organize them into folders.
I would have thought that this would have been included in the design of this app. from the beginning.
Also, it would have been nice to be able to use the default Joomla 'image' folder (or perhaps a selectable folder in eshop config), rather than having to use the media/com_eshop/products folder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 1 week ago #162420 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Product media/images
Dear Andy,

Thank you for contacting us here. Currently, EShop does not support the feature to select images for products from media manager now. I just added this into todo-list and I will look at it later. If this is a must have feature that you want to have now and you are not happy with current feature of EShop, then you can consider to switch to another Joomla shopping cart system. I am sorry.

Sincerely, Giang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong