Captcha only for public?

• MynaParrot S.L (B67681619)
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #113961 by MynaParrot S.L (B67681619)
Captcha only for public? was created by MynaParrot S.L (B67681619)
Hello,

I have found option for enabling Captcha but it also showing for register users even super users. How to disable it for register users? I have enabled submitting ticket for public users & want to show Captcha only for them not even when they will add comment. I want to show Captcha only when public user will submit his first ticket. Without this feature this extension is useless for me.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #114048 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Captcha only for public?
Hello

We don't support this feature. If you only want to show captcha to public users only, there will be small modification to the code needed. You can submit a support ticket and we will be happy to help with this modification

Regards,

Tuan

• Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #114055 by MynaParrot S.L (B67681619)
Replied by MynaParrot S.L (B67681619) on topic Captcha only for public?
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, by changing core code can be implement but it will be override in future update. We would like this as a feature so that this changes remain same in every time.

Thanks

• Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #114057 by MynaParrot S.L (B67681619)
Replied by MynaParrot S.L (B67681619) on topic Captcha only for public?
Also other features like user's IP, user agent etc info also important which will make this application more better.

More
4 years 11 months ago #125063 by Brian F
Replied by Brian F on topic Captcha only for public?
Hello Tuan, I'd like to add my vote as well for a captcha "Show when logged in?" Yes/No setting. Thanks.

More
4 years 11 months ago #125068 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

I just added some code to support it. You can access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package of the extension, upgrade it to your site

After that, go to Helpdesk Pro -> Configuration, set Enable Captcha config option to For Public Users only and it should work as expected

Regards,

Tuan

More
4 years 11 months ago #125070 by Brian F
Thanks for the update Tuan. I did install the latest version and turned on the option for 'Public Users only' but when I try to comment on a ticket as an admin on the front-end, I receive the error "Invalid captcha entered". The captcha box is no longer appearing as requested but it appears the captcha validation is still running. Could you please look into this?

More
4 years 11 months ago #125086 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Brian

Could you please re-download, update and test it again? I uploaded wrong package to server and re-uploaded it at the midnight my time. Maybe that's the reason causing the error

Tuan

More
4 years 11 months ago #125094 by Brian F
Thanks Tuan, I've re-downloaded and updated it, and it's still showing the "Invalid captcha entered" error, but I just noticed that the error shows only when replying to a ticket. The form submits successfully when creating a new ticket with no error, but when replying to a ticket it will show that error. Thanks again.

More
4 years 11 months ago #125096 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Brian

I forgot to change the logic for adding comment to ticket. Just updated download package with the change, too

Please re-download latest package, upgrade it to your site and check it again. The error should be gone

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian F

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc