Capture fails even with the correct answer!

• Zoe White
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #147600 by Zoe White
Hello,

I was alerted by a client that the capture on the submit a new ticket is constantly returning an error:

Invalid capture entered.

I have carried out the following:

Changed the capture from CB Anti Spam to Google Recapture V2 and then Google Recapture V3 but this makes no difference. Same error.

Tried another site with Help Desk Pro and the same error occurs with all the above capture systems tried.

Removed capture completely and the ticket was submitted. 

This error seems to have been a problem for a few weeks now and only just noticed due to a lack of enquiries.

Temporary solution is to turn capture off within the Help Desk Pro configuration but this is not a long term fix due to spam.

Both sites are running on Joomla 3.10.3 and Help Desk Pro 5.0.2.

Any ideas please?

Cheers,

A severely sight impaired (blind) Joomla user and member of the Joomla Accessibility Team.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Zoe White. Reason: Added Joomla and Help Desk Pro versions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zoe White
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #147601 by Zoe White
Replied by Zoe White on topic Capture fails even with the correct answer!
Ok, its not Help Desk Pro failing, its across the whole site with capture reporting the same error when creating a new account also.

Therefore, I'm left investigating what the issue is with capture.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers,

A severely sight impaired (blind) Joomla user and member of the Joomla Accessibility Team.

More
2 years 6 months ago #147606 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Capture fails even with the correct answer!
That depends on the captcha plugin you are using on your site. If the current one does not work, you can try to check the plugin settings, or switch to use a different captcha plugin. There are many captcha plugins available, see extensions.joomla.org/tags/captcha/

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc