Basic question about campaigns

• jebraweb
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #10972 by jebraweb
Basic question about campaigns was created by jebraweb
Hello all -- I am new to JoomDonate. I inherited a project from another developer and am not familiar with this extension. I need to change the setup for this client so that each campaign gets its own form. I can't figure out how to do that -- if I enable "campaign management," then I see the campaigns listed in a drop-down list.

An alternative I could offer my client is listing the campaign options as radio buttons instead of a pull-down. Is that possible?

Thanks much,
Debi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christian_Belgien
More
12 years 8 months ago #10995 by Christian_Belgien
Replied by Christian_Belgien on topic Re: Basic question about campaigns
My own solution to this (maybe there are other and better solutions) has been to make one copy of the mod_jd_campaigns for each campaign, rename the module with the name of the campaign, in 'position' write the name of the campaign, and in the parameter Campaign Ids write the id of the campaign. Then I have a module for each campaign. For example for campaign number 1 with the title 'Aboubakar' I have given the module the title 'Aboubakar' and the position 'aboubakar' and written 1 in Campaign Ids.

I have then written an article for each campaign, where I give som additional information and illustrations, and I place the module in the article by including {loadposition aboubakar}

When I then open the article I get the text and pictures about the campaign Aboubakar, and underneath I get the jd_campaigns module for the aboubakar campaign.

It is a bit labour intensive, but it works like a charm. I am open for better ideas.

More
12 years 8 months ago #11015 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Basic question about campaigns
Hi

Maybe you can use donation form plugin (the file jdform.zip in the package) to get it done . Basically, this plugin allows you to embed donation form into Joomla article. So the solution is :

1. Install and publish donation form plugin .

2. For each campaign, create a corresponding article .

3. Using the syntax {jdform CAMPAIGN_ID} to embed the form into article . For example, {jdform 1} will display donation form so that users can donate for campaign with ID = 1 .

4. Create menu items to link to the articles. Users can click on the menu item to see donation form for each campaign and process donation .

Does this work for you ?

Regards,

Tuan

• Christian_Belgien
More
12 years 8 months ago #11038 by Christian_Belgien
Replied by Christian_Belgien on topic Re: Basic question about campaigns
Tuan, yes, you answer directly the question how to get a form for each campaign. Thanks for making me aware of the jdform.zip plugin, which I had not really looked at before. jebraweb, my contribution is an answer to something youo did not ask, namely how for each campaign to get a page with info and a button that will call a donation form. Sorry.

More
12 years 8 months ago #11112 by SITech
Replied by SITech on topic Re: Basic question about campaigns
We place a short introduction to a number of campaigns on a single page. Is it possible to place a donate button in each intro that when clicked opens up the donation form for the specified campaign?

More
12 years 8 months ago #11119 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

The solution is simple : You can create an article to provide information of these campaigns. Below each description of the campaign, you can place a link which allows users to donate for that campaign. The link will have this format :
Code:
<a href="index.php?option=com_jdonation&view=donation&campaign_id=CAMPAIGN_ID">Donate for this campaign</a>

(Please remember to replace CAMPAIGN_ID with id of the actual campaign) .

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 8 months ago #11139 by SITech
Replied by SITech on topic Re: Basic question about campaigns
Works perfectly. Thanks.

More
12 years 8 months ago #11142 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great !

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt