Turning off notification emails upon donation.

• Christian_Belgien
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #11096 by Christian_Belgien
Turning off notification emails upon donation. was created by Christian_Belgien
I am looking to suppress the emails sent to donor and administrator upon completed donation and rely on the emails from PayPal for the necessary notifications. I have seen the thread joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_ku...iew&catid=10&id=8250 and that I can comment out the sendEmails() method in JoomDonationHelper.

However, I am hoping to find a configuration option to turn it off without changing the code. (If this does not exist, maybe that is an idea for a future release. Turning off the emails seems to be a reasonable request.)

Furthermore, for my own education I am trying to find where in the code this method sendEmails() is called. The (to my mind) logical place to look is in the class donationViewComplete or elsewhere in connection with completing. I find that the function display() in line 44 calls $emailContent = JoomDonationHelper::getEmailContent($config, $row); and line 65 $replaces = $emailContent ;, but I cannot find where the sending of emails is triggered.

I would be grateful for any help in this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christian_Belgien
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #11109 by Christian_Belgien
Replied by Christian_Belgien on topic Re: Turning off notification emails upon donation.
He who seeks shall find. I found that sending the notification emails is triggered in com_jdonation/models/jdonation.php function payment_confirm() calling com_jdonation/payments/os_paypal.php function verifyPayment() calling in turn JoomDonationHelper::sendEmails(). I still did not find a way to turn the notification emails off other than commenting out the code. I hope that there is a more elegant solution.

More
12 years 8 months ago #11120 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Turning off notification emails upon donation.
Hi

You are correct. The function to send emails is located at components/com_jdonation/helper/helper.php . However, there is no config option to turn off sending email (and I will probably won't implement this config option because noone seems need it) . So for now, the solution is that you comment the code in that function !

Regards,

Tuan

• Christian_Belgien
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #11129 by Christian_Belgien
Replied by Christian_Belgien on topic Re: Turning off notification emails upon donation.
That is understood, and that is of course your call. What I am trying to do is to set up functions for an organisation that processes microloans, using Joom Donation. A loan differs from a donation in a number of ways, in the vocabulary to begin with (such as not 'donate now' but 'lend nowbut'), but also in that a loan has to be paid back. The necessary modifications I try to place in a separate component (which then calls com_jdonation). Then I can easier upgrade when time comes, and I can use jdonation as is for the donations the organisation needs, one-time donations towards its operating expenses and recurring contribution for member contributions, etc. Commenting out the notification emails runs counter to the efforts to use jdonation unaltered, and it may be handy to use the notification emails for the donations but suppress them for the loans. I shall have to find a clever way to do this.

I am also looking for a way in which I can adjust the paypal parameters on the fly, so that it can process donations from donor to the organisations and also process reimbursements from the organisation to the donors. Any suggestions to this would be welcome.

I started as a Joomla novice a few months ago. Then I have had a steep learning curve for development. It is fun, but it is a lot of work.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt