tax (need to override paypal setting)

• melissapbr
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #11945 by melissapbr
tax (need to override paypal setting) was created by melissapbr
Hi,
I am using JoomDonation with Joomla 1.5 and use paypal for handling the payment. I have sales taxes set in my paypal account that I usually need to charge. However, I don't need to charge taxes for donations and need to make sure that the sales tax is not applied when I use JoomDonation. I tried to go into paypal.php and add $this->setParam('tax_cart', '0'); below $this->setParam('no_shipping', 1); but it doesn't work. How can I get this to work?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• melissapbr
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #11955 by melissapbr
Replied by melissapbr on topic Re: tax (need to override paypal setting)
figured it out.... this works:
$this->setParam('tax', '0.00');

More
12 years 6 months ago #11968 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: tax (need to override paypal setting)
Great you found out this and thanks for sharing the solution !

Tuan

More
12 years 5 months ago #12617 by nuMedia
Replied by nuMedia on topic Sales tax NOT being charged?
I have a similar question to the one quoted below. The additional responses in this "thread" indicated that...

$this->setParam('tax', '0.00');

DID work in PayPal.

However... when I tested our donation page at
www.okwondertorium.org/support-owl/donate-now

NO sales tax was charged. This is PERFECT... but I want to know if it's a fluke – or WHERE Melissa entered the code that worked for her? She said paypal.php – is that associated with JoomDonation??

I probably should just be satisfied but I want to make sure. Thank you for any advice or response!
Lynda

melissapbr wrote:

Hi,
I am using JoomDonation with Joomla 1.5 and use paypal for handling the payment. I have sales taxes set in my paypal account that I usually need to charge. However, I don't need to charge taxes for donations and need to make sure that the sales tax is not applied when I use JoomDonation. I tried to go into paypal.php and add $this->setParam('tax_cart', '0'); below $this->setParam('no_shipping', 1); but it doesn't work. How can I get this to work?

Thank you!

• melissapbr
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #12625 by melissapbr
Replied by melissapbr on topic Re: Sales tax NOT being charged?
Paypal won't charge sales tax if you don't have that set up in your paypal account. I had set up taxes in my paypal account for selling products and joom donation applied the taxes. To overwrite that, I took the steps as described. So unless you have manually set up taxes in paypal, you don't have to modify paypal.php.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt