Configuring PayPal to work with Joom Donation

• lotus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12420 by lotus
Hi,

I bought this component last week and am working through the configuration now.

I don't see any value listed for the IPN listener URL. What URL do I enter at PayPal for the IPN listener settings?

Please advise as I don't see anything about this in the instructions.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #12421 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Configuring PayPal to work with Joom Donation
Hi

You don't need to config this notification URL because it is sending to Paypal automatically when users making donation (via a variable called notify_url) .

Tuan

• lotus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12422 by lotus
how does PayPal send the information back to my website with the verified payment information so it gets processed?

isn't there a fixed URL required for PayPal to send this info back via IPN?

Also, on extensions.joomla.org, one of the reviewers of this component wrote this on 2011.10.10:

"***Everyone- Please Turn on IPN (Instant Payment Notification) within your Paypal Account.
If you don't have this feature activated, the Payment info will not record back in you Joomla Database. Sounds simple - but unless you enter your URL and make sure it is on- None of these Modules will be able to send the information back to the account."

So if this IPN needs to be turned on, I need to give PayPal a URL to post the verified payment details to, don't I?

More
12 years 5 months ago #12423 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Configuring PayPal to work with Joom Donation
As I said, the extension send the url to Paypal automatically, you don't need to setup this .

Regarding the review on the JED, it is not really correct. You only need to turn IPN notification on if IT WAS TURN OFF BEFORE for some reasons. If you haven't changed any settings in your Paypal account before, don't need to turn it on and enter the URL.

If you really want to enter the URL, you can use the following url :
Code:
http://yourdomain.com/index.php?option=com_jdonation&task=payment_confirm&payment_method=os_paypal

Please note that you need to replace yourdomain.com with your actual site URL .

Hope it is clear to you now !

Tuan

• lotus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12425 by lotus
No, it hasn't been turned on before because we weren't using any kind of payment gateway with paypal before.

Thanks you for the sample URL - much appreciated!

More
12 years 5 months ago #12426 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
As I said, you can change the setting if you want. However, as I said, it is not necessary !

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt