Issues with PayPal Secure Buttons

• Wesley Derbyshire
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #12632 by Wesley Derbyshire
Issues with PayPal Secure Buttons was created by Wesley Derbyshire
I have added the JoomDonate component, and have an active SSL cert and selected https: in the JoomDonate configuration. However, there are two things that don't seem to be correct. The first is on the Donation form entry page, encryption doesn't seem to be active, although it becomes active when the confirmation page is displayed. The second issue, and clearly of greater importance, is when transferred to the PayPal site, instead of seeing the payment page, there is an Error page that includes the following message at the top: "The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons." Please tell me how to solve this issue so JoomDonate will function!

Peace,
Wesley

Note: I haven't included the site name, since the page is currently not published until this matter is solved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12647 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Issues with PayPal Secure Buttons
Hi

1. Regarding your issue with Secure Buttons, I did a google search and found out the answer :

When my customers attempt to checkout, they receive the error "The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through unencrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details."

This error is displayed because your PayPal Account Profile is set to only accept payments from "encrypted" buttons however, your item button code is "not" encrypted. This condition interrupts the payment process and displays the error message.

To turn off this option:
1. Log in to your PayPa Account.
2. Click "Profile" tabe or "Edit Profile" link.
3. Under "Selling Preferences", select "Website Payment Preferences".
4. In the section titled "Encrypted Website Payments" select "Off".
5. Click "Save".

2. Regarding the SSL on donation page, when you make a menu item to link to donation form, please make sure you set that menu item to Use SSL (this setting is in the menu parameter) .

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt