Translation from English into Italian

• lisa73
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #12753 by lisa73
In regards to translation into italian...this is what you suggested i do....

Maybe the translation function doesn't work because of file permission issue. I don't rememeber exacly the language code for italian, if I remember it correctly, the language code is it-IT . The easiest way to translate is that :

- You can the en-GB.com_jdonation.ini from language/en-GB folder of your site.

- Rename the file to it-IT.com_jdonation.ini (please replace it-IT with the correct language code of Italian language) .

- Do the translation .

- Upload it to language/it-IT folder of your site .

After that, everything will work well !

Regards,

Tuan

Now.... i went in and found the file en-GB.com_jdonation.ini in the language folder....

I renamed that file to it-IT.com_jdonation.ini

now the next step you send was to do the translation...sorry but where do you mean to do the translation? In joomdonation?
sorry for my ignorance but i am a novice at this....

when i go back into joomdation and go into the translation section it comes up with this msg: JFile::read: Unable to open file: '/home/u9zs8cxo/domains/amolascuola.it/public_html/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_jdonation.ini'

Please help me someone :S

thanks...Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12767 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Translation from English into Italian
Hi Lisa

1. Please don't rename the file directly on language/en-GB folder. Please download that file, then rename it to it-IT.com_jdonation.ini .

2. Open the file it-IT.com_jdonation.ini which you just downloaded in a text editor you use, edit it to change the language string.

3. Upload the file it-IT.com_jdonation.ini to language-it-IT folder .

That's the correct step for doing the translation .

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt