Campaign or Member Donate- Exclusive?

• fader8
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #13508 by fader8
I just want to confirm with anyone who may know this. If you enable campaigns you cannot have member donations, correct? As soon as I enable campaigns, I cannot donate to a member because it won't let me donate until I've selected a campaign. So to successfully donate to a member, I must disable campaigns. Is this really how it's supposed to work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13553 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Campaign or Member Donate- Exclusive?
Hi

If you are using CB Donate Me plugin (or JS Donate Me plugin) to allow members to receive donation, I would suggest that you disable Campaigns feature so that users won't have to choose campaigns for their donation .

Regards,

Tuan

• fader8
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #13593 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: Campaign or Member Donate- Exclusive?
OK, so they are exclusive. That's a shame as I now have to look for another donation extension to handle campaigns and just use Joom Donation/cb donateme for the member side.

Oh, you might want to give potential buyers a heads up about this limitation. It's a big one!

More
12 years 2 months ago #13595 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
So basically, you want that when users choose to donate for a member, they won't have to choose campaign on the donation page ? Is that correct ?

Tuan

• fader8
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #13600 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: Campaign or Member Donate- Exclusive?
Put yourself in their position. Users reach the Donate page because they clicked Donate in another users CB profile. They want to donate to that user, not a campaign. So why force the user to select a campaign? The donor wouldn't have any idea where the money is going. Any hint of uncertainty the donor feels makes them go away.

More
12 years 2 months ago #13601 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Agreed ! Please give me two days and I will have the extension modified so that users don't have to choose campaigns when they donate for a member !

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt