Donate Me - description field

More
14 years 3 months ago #2327 by Dave
Donate Me - description field was created by Dave
I also posted this in the JS Donate Me forum.

I love this extension, excellent job.

There is great potential in the "Donate Me" extensions.

It would be very useful if Members could create their own campaigns on their profile pages, or at least use a simplified campaign. The "donate Me" button is a great start, but it doe not provide a way for the donation requestor to describe what the doantion is needed for.

Unless I missed it, it doesn't look like there is a way to describe what the member is asking you to donate for? The only text displayed is "Want to donate for this user ? Please enter donation amount into the textbox below and press the Donate button to process donation"

An upgrade to the JomSocial / CB "donate me" would be to let each member add a description, including a URL, to describe what the donation will be used for. The URL can direct them to another article or external website with more information about the campaign.

Example: "This campaign is to raise $100 this month to buy books for a classroom. You can visit the class here: www.classroom.edu "

A thermometer module for Donate Me would be great too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2771 by Erin Fernandez
Replied by Erin Fernandez on topic Re:Donate Me - description field
I agree- I purchased jomsocial and JS Donate Me thinking it would allow for personalized fundraising pages with thermometers, and other bells and whistles.

I am able to donate for a person but wish there was more of an ability for people to fundraise on our charity's behalf (like products like
first giving provide www.firstgiving.com/ )

More
13 years 2 months ago #7878 by Erin Fernandez
Replied by Erin Fernandez on topic Re:Donate Me - description field
Any progress on creating these capabilities to fundraise?

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt