Jomsocial Integration

• kgaribal
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #3179 by kgaribal
Jomsocial Integration was created by kgaribal
I have joom donation setup and running - works really well with a little fine tuning.

My question is about the jdonation plugin. I would like each jomsocial user to be able to see their donation history, but only THEIR donation history, not anyone else's. When I enable the plugin, any jomsocial user can click on another user's profile and see their donation history. How can I prevent this?

thanks!

Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5445 by snilloconator
Replied by snilloconator on topic Re: Jomsocial Integration
I would like the same and it seems this has been forgotten...

More
13 years 6 months ago #5446 by snilloconator
I would also like to add that the Jomsocial integration is broken for me or maybe I'm just not understanding it in the backend. I have selected Jomsocial integration. I have disabled the option for registration as anyone can register and it does not take the individual or BOT to the jomsocial registration page. Instead they are automatically registered without any approval.

Second is the name field in your integration. Joomla only has a Name field and normally guest will only register with a name not a First and Last name. How do I add this to the Jomsocial fields mapping as their is only Firs and Last option. So the integration seems broken to me.

Third I manually added a donor and in the donors module when I click on the specific donors name it links me to Jomsocial events and not the individuals profile page.

Please help as this seems to be what I need for my site but I may have to remove as it seems broken to me.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5447 by snilloconator
I have since removed this component until I get some feedback here. I will try to install again and see if I just overlooked something. All the feedback seems to be positive for this component but I just don't see the integration working well with jomsocial.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5449 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Jomsocial Integration
Hi

The integration with Jomsocial working like that :

1. When a user logged in and access to donation form, the data stored in his profile will be used to auto fill-in donation form so that they don't have to type these information again (first name, last name, email....) .

2. There is a Jomsocial plugin called Donation history which show donation history of a user in his profile .

3. There is also another plugin called JS Donate Me (which doesn't come with the default package), allows your site members to receive donation from other users/visitors .

Maybe you mis-understand the Jomsocial integration feature ?

I will go to bed now because It is late here. I will be available for any questions on tommorrow. Maybe you should contact me via Skype, YM, MSN or Gtalk so that I can explain more detail about the integration to you .

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 6 months ago #5452 by snilloconator
Well currently jomsocial has no first name last name field. There is only a NAME field. I will contact you on skype as I have added you already. TY!

• kgaribal
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #5453 by kgaribal
Replied by kgaribal on topic Re: Jomsocial Integration
"2. There is a Jomsocial plugin called Donation history which show donation history of a user in his profile ."

This is the part I am having trouble with - it works fine, but everyone can see the donation history of other registered users. I would like them to only be able to see their own donation history

More
13 years 2 months ago #7872 by Woony Danny
Replied by Woony Danny on topic Re: Jomsocial Integration
snilloconator wrote:

Well currently jomsocial has no first name last name field. There is only a NAME field. I will contact you on skype as I have added you already. TY!

how is this addressed? does the new Jomsocial v2.2 now have first and last name fields? otherwise how can we get joomdonation's event booking component to autofill the user's name in the form?

More
13 years 2 months ago #7913 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Jomsocial Integration
Hi

I haven't looked at Jomsocial recently. However, I know that Jomsocial support custom fields, so you can simply create two fields : First Name, Last Name and disable the Name field .

Could you please try and let me know the result ?

Thanks,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt