Hard-coding link to module

• webchick
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #3826 by webchick
Hard-coding link to module was created by webchick
I would like to place a button in a Joomla article and hard-code it to link to the Joomla scheduled-payments donation form I created, rather than having the donation module display next to the article (I don't like how the module looks, plus it makes you select a denomination before allowing you to proceed to the actual form, where you have more donation options.) But I can't get a link that bypasses the module and goes directly to the form. Has anybody else tried this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3828 by varresa
Replied by varresa on topic Hard-coding link to module - same problem
I think I am having a similar problem here. I have enabled the module where you can select a donation amount, but then when you hit the donate button, it takes you to a new page with a whole form that has all the donation options again (plus the write-in option) AND the module is still published below the form! This is obviously wrong but I don't know how to get it configured accurately. I have attached links to screenshots.

Thanks!

img.skitch.com/20100806-bh1he4yjdquqrmm2jxfmspxnt8.jpg
img.skitch.com/20100806-gf1fpytnjgh982uq6s3umbe2a.jpg
img.skitch.com/20100806-e7esxpij7383mss11eg8t459b3.jpg
Attachments:

• webchick
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #3832 by webchick
Replied by webchick on topic Re: Hard-coding link to module
I was able to bypass the scheduled payment module by making a menu item link to it, then copying the link from the menu item and pasting it as a link to a button I placed in an article. You can then unpublish the menu item if you wish, and unpublish the module. The link still works.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3833 by varresa
Replied by varresa on topic Re: Hard-coding link to module
Thanks for your reply - I see what you are saying but I don't think that is going to work on my site - unless there is something wrong.

Right now I have the donation module on this page: www.barkwheats.com/index.php?option=com_...53&Itemid=96&lang=en If you pick a donation amount and click the Donate button, you'll then we brought to this page: www.barkwheats.com/index.php which I cannot link directly to. If you just type in [ www.barkwheats.com/index.php ] in the address bar without getting there via the Donate button, then it just goes to the Homepage.

I really feel like something must be wrong since everyone says this extension is so easy to set up!

Ideas anyone?
Thanks!

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt