General Customization Options

• oogled
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #4454 by oogled
General Customization Options was created by oogled
I'm looking to customizing the forms for a customer, so I have a few questions on whats possible or not.

My customer wishes to switch the Donor Information and Donation Information around, would this affect how the information is stored?

Also what would it take so that the information that the person enters into the form is transferred to the form on paypal? This seems to frustrate people out of donating when they have to enter their information twice.

Is it also possible to change the checked box to have recurring auto checked instead of one time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 7 months ago #4455 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: General Customization Options
Hi

Thanks for using the extension . Here are my answer to your questions :

My customer wishes to switch the Donor Information and Donation Information around, would this affect how the information is stored?

=> Yes , you can switch between them . There will be no affect at all .

Also what would it take so that the information that the person enters into the form is transferred to the form on paypal? This seems to frustrate people out of donating when they have to enter their information twice.

=> The information is transfered already . However, I believe Paypal will check these information, so you need to enter it correctly (For example, for state field, you need to enter shortcode of state such as : IL (instead of Illinois), CA .....

Is it also possible to change the checked box to have recurring auto checked instead of one time?

=> Yes , It is possible . Please open the file components/com_jdonation/views/donation/view.html.php, look at line : 139, change it from :
Code:
$donationType = JRequest::getVar('donation_type', 'onetime') ;

To
Code:
$donationType = JRequest::getVar('donation_type', 'recurring') ;

Hope my answers is clear to you .

Thanks ,

Tuan

• oogled
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #4473 by oogled
Replied by oogled on topic Re: General Customization Options
Yes thank you those are very helpful. Another issue we seem to be running into is that I've selected CAD as my default currency, but when it goes to paypal it has USD as default currency with no way to change it.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 7 months ago #4474 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Another issue we seem to be running into is that I've selected CAD as my default currency, but when it goes to paypal it has USD as default currency with no way to change it.

=> When did you download the extension ? It was an bug on previous release (same version, but the bug was fixed about two or three weeks ago) . Could you please download the latest version again and update to your site ? if you want, send me FTP account of your site and I will be happy to check it for you .

Thanks ,

Tuan

More
13 years 7 months ago #4546 by saqqqq
Replied by saqqqq on topic Re: General Customization Options
i also have the latest version of jd

i have set my paypal account default currency to pound strling but it goes to paypal website as $ dollars.

bug still persists :(

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 7 months ago #4562 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I have checked the latest version and found out the issue with currency selection. To fix the issue :

1. Please open the file components/com_jdonation/payments/os_paypal.php, look at the line 100 :

change it from
Code:
if (isset($data['currency_code'])) {

to :
Code:
if (isset($data['currency_code']) && $data['currency_code']!= '') {

2. Look at line 161, change it from
Code:
if (isset($data['currency_code']))

To
Code:
if (isset($data['currency_code']) && $data['currency_code']!= '')

After that, the issue will be fixed .

You can also simply download the latest code from server and update to your site .

Thanks ,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt