form column width,convenience fee & test mode

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #4941 by dems
Just getting donations set up and have few questions.

1. Re. formatting the donate form at the moment and I cant for the life of me figure out how to extend the first column that has all the field titles in it. I am in donation/tmpl/default.php in dreamweaver and i have just taken the mouse and dragged the left column so that it is almost equal in width as the fields column but it doesnt reflect the changes when i upload to the site. Any ideas now to make this first column wider?

2. This is really little but just think it would be nicer. When i ask if the donor would like to pay the convenience fee, the radio buttons are set to NO then YES, I have already defaulted to YES but I would like to swap positions so that YES is first then NO, how can I do that?

3. Using authorize.net and would like to test before going live. I added my api and transaction key in the back end parameters then filled out form in the front end but I got the notice:
Donation Failed
Reason (TESTMODE) The credit card number is invalid.

How can I test that this works prior to going live? Do you have a dummy creditcard number i can follow? Do I need to put authorize.net in test mode as well? My site is live so that is not really an option at the moment.

Thanks for a great component by the way!
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by dems.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4988 by dems
Hello Mr. Administrator,

Can you please answer at least #3, dont care too much about the first 2 but i cannot get this component up and running on a live site until I can test it properly.

Thank you!

More
13 years 6 months ago #5008 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: form column width,convenience fee & test mode
Hi

I replied you via email. I post the answers here in case any other users have the same questions :

1. Re. formatting the donate form at the moment and I cant for the life of me figure out how to extend the first column that has all the field titles in it. I am in donation/tmpl/default.php in dreamweaver and i have just taken the mouse and dragged the left column so that it is almost equal in width as the fields column but it doesnt reflect the changes when i upload to the site. Any ideas now to make this first column wider?

=> To reformat the donate form, you don't need to change the code in the php file. You just need to open the file file components/com_jdonation/assets/css/style.css, look at the css class title_cell at line 8, change the width property from 25% to 50%.
Code:
table.jd_donor_table td.title_cell { width: [b]50%[/b]; font-weight: bold; padding-left: 10px; }

2. This is really little but just think it would be nicer. When i ask if the donor would like to pay the convenience fee, the radio buttons are set to NO then YES, I have already defaulted to YES but I would like to swap positions so that YES is first then NO, how can I do that?

=> 2. It is part of Joomla core code, so we cannot change it in this case. If you need to do that, I need to customize the code for you. However, you will not be upgrade to the future version of Joom Donation . (I used Joomla core library function called from JHTML class to generate this Yes/No button .

3. Using authorize.net and would like to test before going live. I added my api and transaction key in the back end parameters then filled out form in the front end but I got the notice:
Donation Failed
Reason (TESTMODE) The credit card number is invalid.

How can I test that this works prior to going live? Do you have a dummy creditcard number i can follow? Do I need to put authorize.net in test mode as well? My site is live so that is not really an option at the moment.

=> 3. For test mode, you can use a test creditcard number and also need to have a test authorize.net account. You can use mine :

- Creditcard numebr : 4111111111111111
- API Login : 2Sht9m67PD
- Transaction Key : 35J2rq5d6LtJ2Yg6

Hope my answer are clear to you .

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt