"Amount" piece of donation module appearing twice

• onequestion
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #5455 by onequestion
We're using Joom Donate on our non-profit's webpage (tujenge.org).

A site visitor enters the amount he wants to donate on this page:
tujenge.org/index.php?option=com_content...icle&id=54&Itemid=18
and presses "Donate", which takes him to the information page (just click on $5.00 so you can go to the next page and see the issue)
where he can fill out the rest of his information and click "Next" in order to finish the donation.
If the user does that, everything works fine--the donation is processed.

However, you might notice that on the information page right after the "Next" button, the whole "Amount" module appears again (the same piece as on the first donation page, where you enter there are radio buttons and you enter the amount you want to donate). If a user accidentally enters this information again here and hits "Donate" instead of "Next", he loses everything he typed in to the information boxes above and doesn't complete the donation--not good!

We can't figure out why the "Amount" piece is appearing again--we only want users to see it once, or they'll get confused (that is, nothing should be appearing below the "Next" button on the page that takes information about the donator). Any ideas why this might be happening, or how to fix it?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5466 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: "Amount" piece of donation module appearing twice
Hi

I just viewed your site and found that it is something wrong with the template you are using :

1. You assign the donation module to menu item with Itemid = 18 .

2. The donation form also have Itemid = 18

=> On the page, both the donation form and the module displayed. Therefore, the amount appear twices.

The solution is :

1. You modify the template so that the donation module doesn't displayed on the donation form page .

2. You can link the Donations menu item directly to donation form (donation view of the component) .

In case you choose solution #1 and don't know what to do, you can submit a support ticket contains FTP account and Joomla administrator account of your site so that I can modify it for you .

Thanks,

Tuan

• onequestion
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #5473 by onequestion
Thanks--that helped me fix it. We had both the module and form showing, as you said, so I disabled the module and had the menu point at the form for that page.

We all really appreciate your super-fast and super-helpful response!

More
13 years 5 months ago #5485 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: "Amount" piece of donation module appearing twice
Thanks !

If it is possible, please spend some minutes to give Joom Donation a 5 stars rating and a nice review at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/donations/7094 to support my development .

Thanks,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt