Donations not Posting

• Geomatix
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #5571 by Geomatix
Donations not Posting was created by Geomatix
First off, I want to say this seems to be an awesome component. I have used several donation components and it seems to be the best so far.

But here is my delima. Everything seems to work fine except none of the donations get recorded or posted on our website. The donations go through via paypal but the record does not get recorded in the database.

Is there something I am missing? Do I need to setup something on the paypal end? I tested it via sandbox and it worked fine. I switched to live mode and it doesn't

On a side note: Is there a way to get the donors module to post the top donors with their accumulative donations rather than the top "single" donations?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5572 by superbee
Replied by superbee on topic Re: Donations not Posting
I'm having the same issue, but with google checkout, the donations are going through, but not showing up. I did go manually check the database through phpmyadmin, and the data is showing up there, but the transactions are not getting marked as published, and no emails get triggered once everything is paid for... wish I had a solution, but haven't heard back on my ticket.

• Geomatix
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #5573 by Geomatix
Replied by Geomatix on topic Re: Donations not Posting
hmm, first I thought you might be having a different issue. I just assumed our transactions weren't showing up in the database but I just checked our DB and we are having the same issue. They are getting recorded in the MySql database but the donors don't show up either on the front end or the backend management. Anyone have a fix?

I did manually enter some past donations before it was actually used. Could that have something to do with it?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Geomatix.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5582 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Donations not Posting
@superbee : There are some necessary setting in google checkout merchant account. Please follow the instruction in the support ticket I replied to setup your merchant account. After that, it will work properly .

@Geomatix : Usually, there are some reasons which the donation records are not showed when using paypal :

1. Your site in your local computer. In this case, Paypal IPN could not reach the computer to notify about the payment, so the transaction is not validated and the record is not showed in back-end .

2. In the past, I checked the issue for a client and found that he used an extension called RS Firewall. RS Firewall has a bug which prevent Paypal IPN to work on the site, so I had to fix the RS Firewall component to make the extension works well .

3. Paypal IPN is disabled in your account. In this case, you need to enable Paypal IPN .

I requested for access to your site so that I can check to see the problem. Please reply me via support ticket .

Thanks,

Tuan

• Geomatix
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #5584 by Geomatix
Thanks Tuan for the response.

The site is not on a local machine. Am I wrong but if it was one of those three scenarios then it wouldn't update the sites MySql database? Originally, I thought it might be an IPN thing until I saw the donations in the database.

• Geomatix
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #5613 by Geomatix
Looks like it was the IPN setting. I updated the url on my paypal account and resent them and it updated the donations. Haven't had a new donation to test but it looks to be working now.

On a side note: This probably should be posted under "Feature request" but is there a way to total the donations per user in the Donations module? In other words, show a total donations per user.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5659 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Since the donors is not logged in, so there are no ways for us to know that two donation comes from same donor. Maybe we can check it based on email... Please let me know your thought . If that way is Ok, I think we can implement it .

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 5 months ago #5660 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

If all users are logged in while making donation, everything will be simple. If all users are logged in on your site while making donation, please let me know .

Thanks,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt