User Email Message images/formatting

More
13 years 5 months ago #5657 by 4web
I'm having trouble understanding why the formatting of the User Email Message (thanks for your donation email) isn't working "correctly".

1. Two images are included in the email; they were originally displaying correctly upon receipt by the user, but now the recipient just sees the image filename. Paths haven't been changed... images still display correctly in the editor screen.... The ONLY change that was made to the email since images were displaying is I moved [DONATION_DETAIL] from the center of the message body to the end.

2. Paragraphs are surrounded with <p> tags, but recipient sees "double-returns" between each paragraph.

Can anyone offer some suggestions to resolve these two issues?

Thx,
Gwen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5661 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: User Email Message images/formatting
Hi Gwen

1. Two images are included in the email; they were originally displaying correctly upon receipt by the user, but now the recipient just sees the image filename. Paths haven't been changed... images still display correctly in the editor screen.... The ONLY change that was made to the email since images were displaying is I moved [DONATION_DETAIL] from the center of the message body to the end.

For the images, I think the path to the images are incorrect . Could you please make sure the path to images is the absolute path, something lilke yourdomain.com/images/image.jpg ? If you give me administrator account of the site, I will be happy to check it for you .

2. Paragraphs are surrounded with <p> tags, but recipient sees "double-returns" between each paragraph.

=> You can fix this issue by opening the file components/com_jdonation/helper/helper.php, look at the code on line 16 :
Code:
function getConfig($nl2br = true) {

change it to
Code:
function getConfig($nl2br = false) {

Please let me know if you need more help .

Thanks,

Tuan

More
13 years 5 months ago #5665 by 4web
Replied by 4web on topic Re: User Email Message images/formatting
Tuan,

Thank you!! for responding so quickly! I'll make the changes to the helper.php file...

I do include the absolute path to the images, but when I save those changes the absolute path is replaced by the relative path in the editor...

More
13 years 5 months ago #5666 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: User Email Message images/formatting
Hi Gwen

Please submit a support ticket contains administrator account of the site. I will be happy to help you to solve the issue (on tommorrow morning because it is midnight here now) .

Thanks,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt