SSL -Donation form not secure with Thermometer

• remedysoft
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #6067 by remedysoft
I just got the SSL set up and it seems to be working fine except that when I have the thermometer module turned on when the user goes to the donation form using https the lock icon in Chrome shows an alert.

Identity is fine.
Connection says it is encrypted with 256 bit but the page includes resources which are not secure.

When I turn off the thermometer module on this screen the alert goes away.

Any ideas?

Here's the site
KureIt.org Donation PageKureIt.org

Attached is the actual alert.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #6080 by Thai
Images used by the thermometer may not be in a secure folder resulting in the partially encrypted message. You might have to manually link the image to a secure folder.

• remedysoft
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #6081 by remedysoft
Actually while investigating the possibility of upgrading the quality of the images used for the thermometer I have found in a post by the author that the images and coding for the thermometer are not in Joom Donation, (I.e. not on your own site.)

Thread by Author

I'm confident this is what is causing the security issue.

I'm all for not reinventing the wheel, but why not use a module that was designed for Joomla and integrate.
Like this on in Joomla extensions which looks and works great. This way the module would be on your own web site.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8222 by Erin Fernandez
Replied by Erin Fernandez on topic Re: SSL -Donation form not secure with Thermometer
Any work around for this? I have one on a secure page as well and it causing problem with certificate...
www.indianyouth.org/organic-gardens.html

More
13 years 1 month ago #8389 by jim02stl
Hello,

I have modified this thermometer to work with JD. I am not a programmer but I have managed to get this to work with JD.

The package is installable and has a place for your JD campaign ID.

You can see it in action here. www.highhillcamp.org/donate

It is all local so it doesn't go to another site for the images... (better for SSL)

I have submitted it to Tuan, I am sure she can clean it up and submit it with her next version.

I hope this helps some of you.

Have a great Day,

Jim

Attachment mod_JD_thermometer-20110327.zip not found

Attachments:

More
13 years 1 month ago #8391 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: SSL -Donation form not secure with Thermometer
Thanks Jim for sharing the code. I will look at it, modify something if needed then add it to download package sometime this week !

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt